Author Topic: Mass Update of TTS Effects  (Read 1943 times)

Mike308

Mass Update of TTS Effects
« on: June 19, 2020, 07:35:40 PM »
I see in the forum that it has been mentioned, I would just like to second (third maybe) a vote to include a button in the "Effects" editing panel that would allow you to set that effect as a default for all of the "Say" commands in the entire profile. If I understand properly, at the moment I need to go to each "Say" line now and toggle the Effect. If that is in error, perhaps this capability is already in there.

Effects are WONDERFUL and I am SOOOO thankful that they've been added.

"Just when you think it can't get any better..."   

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Mass Update of TTS Effects
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 09:15:14 PM »
I like it - I'll put it on the list ;)

I appreciate the encouragement, too.  Glad you are enjoying the software, Mike!

Mike308

Re: Mass Update of TTS Effects
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 10:10:04 PM »
Thinking about the possible strategies and their respective impact:

If a single switch would toggle a selected effect as being on/off for all SAY commands, it would then preclude a user from later applying variants of an effect on a subset of the commands (perhaps adding more garble to a SAY when the Profile thinks the ship is damaged).

What prompted the initial request is that I have a profile with, oh heck, 600-700 different Say statements, so to go toggle the same base effect (adding a slight synthetic hum to the IVONA Amy voice) will be 600-700 iterations. Not the end of the world, but the "easy button" idea seemed nifty.

I wonder, as an alternative, if it would be better (or feasible) to trigger a one-time toggle that sets the effect up and down the command set, but once run it individual effects would still react as normal to be deleted or swapped for a different one. I guess I'm thinking more of a batch value-set than a persistent "on/off", but I could see an argument for both approaches.