Author Topic: How can I use the speech recognition of the cortana in Voice Attack?  (Read 6741 times)

Mucilon

The microsoft speech recognition does not support Brazilian Portuguese, but the cortana has support and understands everything very well, I would like to know if you have how to use the engine of the cortana in voice attack, would solve the problem of several languages that have in the cortana and do not have in the microsoft speech recognition.

Can anybody help me?

Grateful

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How can I use the speech recognition of the cortana in Voice Attack?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 04:20:38 PM »
VoiceAttack is built around the Microsoft Speech Recognition engine, it currently cannot be used with any other speech recognition engine.

What you're asking is not possible at this time.

Mucilon

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 04:27:38 PM »
I understand, thank you very much.

Let me go back to my hard work of training Portuguese for the Microsoft Speech Recognition engine

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:09:26 PM »
Cortana is cloud-based with a totally different interface (just like Google and Siri).  The interface is not terribly important, but being that Cortana is cloud-based, there is a latency aspect that is hard to overlook when building software that needs to be as fast as it can be.  I am looking at alternatives to what is in place though, but there is no ETA.

Mucilon

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 06:34:40 AM »
Taking into consideration that Microsoft already at all ready server side, what difficulty of port for Windows? Why is Microsoft not interested?

Astral_Nomad

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 12:16:18 PM »
VoiceAttack is built around the Microsoft Speech Recognition engine, it currently cannot be used with any other speech recognition engine.

What you're asking is not possible at this time.

You could try a workaround that, while, it would be a lot of work, you can record Cortana when she talks, and then edit the recordings to make your own wav set.. but thats about all I can think to do until it gets properly supported?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 02:00:27 PM »
you can record Cortana when she talks, and then edit the recordings to make your own wav set
"Speech Recognition Engine" and "Speech Synthesis"/"Text-to-Speech" are not the same thing. It's not about Cortana speaking, it's having "her" listen and interpret speech input.