Author Topic: Bug with "Start Listening"  (Read 2113 times)

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
Bug with "Start Listening"
« on: February 20, 2017, 09:34:42 AM »
I noticed that the "Start VoiceAttack listening" command appears to not work if there is an action list comment or a variable declaration preceding it. There may be other preceding actions that make "Start VoiceAttack listening" not function, but these are the ones that I've tested.

So this code DOES make VoiceAttack start listening:

Code: [Select]
Start VoiceAttack listening

While these DO NOT make VoiceAttack start listening:

Set integer [test] value to 2

//Tell VoiceAttack to start listening

Please note that this issue does not happen for the "Stop VoiceAttack listening" command (i.e., it works as expected).

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Bug with "Start Listening"
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 10:10:42 AM »
Normally, when you speak a command and VoiceAttack is listening, the command is executed.  When VA is NOT listening, spoken commands are ignored.  So, if you issue a command to turn off listening, all spoken commands should be ignored from that point on.  Which means that normally you could not ever issue another spoken command to start VA listening.  In order to get around that explicit 'limitation', if you add a start listening action as the FIRST action in your command, VA will act like listening was already on and execute the command.  So, in a nutshell, in a normal world, you would not be able to turn listening back on with a spoken command.  But, with this, 'trick', you can get around it.

From the help document:
'Make VoiceAttack Start Listening'  Select this item if you want VoiceAttack to start listening.  This is useful either by itself  or in a macro.  Note that there is a button the Main screen as well as a hotkey for this
 same action (See 'Options Screen' and 'VoiceAttack's Main Screen').    Also, note that if a, 'Start Listening' action is found AS THE FIRST ACTION within  a command, the entire sequence will be executed as if VoiceAttack is already,  'listening'.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
Re: Bug with "Start Listening"
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 12:56:04 PM »
And there it is. Thanks for pointing out what I clearly missed in the help document :)