Author Topic: Mouse Clicks Stopped Working in Total War - Warhammer [WORK AROUND]  (Read 7831 times)

Amicus

Recently I have found the mouse click commands (left or right mouse clicks or "button down") in VoiceAttack will not work in the Total War: Warhammer game.  I bought the game last year, and I had created many mouse click commands for it in VoiceAttack, which commands all worked perfectly for over six months.  As of my playing the game yesterday; none of them work.  The VoiceAttack click commands still work in other programs and games.  Mouse movement by VoiceAttack still works in the Warhammer game, but mouse clicks do not. Click commands by the Windows Speech Recognition application do work in the game. 

Changes?
[EDIT - As per my post below -- I figured out the problem arose with my update from version 1.5.8 to version 1.6+]

Trouble Shooting:
Here is what I have tried:
(1) option to direct clicks to "Active Window", "Total War: Warhammer", and even "Windows Shell Experience"
(2) adding as much as a 2 second pause between "left button down" and "left button release"
(3) removing all mouse movement and other commands (i.e., just a vanila "click" command)
(4) uninstalling and reinstalling VoiceAttack
(5) running the game in Window mode or Full Screen mode
(6) running VoiceAttack as "Administrator" (for all of the above)
(7) restarting game and restarting computer
(8 disconnecting joysticks, gamepads
(9) stopping anything that looked like an unnecessary background process in the Task Manager
(10) playing in DirectX 11 or DirectX 12 versions
I have not yet tried uninstalling and downloading/reinstalling the game or reinstalling my old Nvidia graphics card, but because either of those solutions take a few hours (and the old card is not something I want to return to permanently) I would like to avoid those solutions if possible.

I am running Windows 10 (64-bit) system with 16 MB of ram.  The computer motherboard/CPU is six years old (due for rebuild in the next year or so when I get the time).  No indication of any system problems (been running other games and programs without incident).

Any ideas or suggestions for other things to try?

Thanks

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:19:37 PM by Amicus »

iceblast

Re: Mouse Clicks Stopped Working in Total War - Warhammer
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 12:59:24 PM »
Are you running the newest Beta? If you're not, I would recommend giving it a try. A lot has changed from 1.6.1. A great many fixes dealing with the mouse, and other things. It could be the answer to your problem.

Amicus

Re: Mouse Clicks Stopped Working in Total War - Warhammer
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 03:23:15 PM »
Are you running the newest Beta? If you're not, I would recommend giving it a try. A lot has changed from 1.6.1. A great many fixes dealing with the mouse, and other things. It could be the answer to your problem.
Thanks, I just gave it a try now.  But it made no difference -- clicks are still not working.  :(

Amicus

Re: Mouse Clicks Stopped Working in Total War - Warhammer [WORK AROUND]
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 04:12:15 PM »
Well, I got the mouse clicks to work again by rolling back my VoiceAttack to version 1.5.7 from an installer copy that I had from last summer.  VoiceAttack 1.5.7 does not have as nice a GUI as the new one, but it at least it works with Warhammer.  :)

Now I just have to a find a copy of my old game profile or edit all the multipart commands in the current one, because the updated profile is not completely compatible with the old version of VoiceAttack.  :(

Hope newer versions of VoiceAttack don't have the same problem.  Willing to help test it out in any case.

Amicus

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 05:26:45 PM »
I found an installer for VoiceAttack Version 1.5.8 in my backup files that I was able to load and it also works with Warhammer.  What's better is that it also works with the updated profiles, so I don't have edit the multipart commands to get them to work.   :D

Now just hoping that a new version of VoiceAttack sometime corrects the problems with the current version, so I can get the nice GUI and still use it with Warhammer.  :-\

iceblast

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 03:41:43 AM »
Well, there is another way as well. You could use AutoHotKey.

Just tell VA to run a Left click or Right click program, instead of VA doing it for you.

You have to have AHK installed though, or I can compile it for you, and you can just run a .exe file instead.