Author Topic: Hover Captions Lengthened  (Read 3916 times)

JDsplice

Hover Captions Lengthened
« on: December 14, 2016, 06:31:16 PM »
When I hover over some areas in VA I get a nice caption explaining what that option does, but it goes away before I can finish reading it sometimes.  To make things worse, I have a hell of time trying to get it back for some reason.

I would like there to be a slider option for the popup delay and decay timer in the settings.  An example of this is in Star Trek Online (free to play).

iceblast

Re: Hover Captions Lengthened
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:13:24 PM »
Yeah, I agree, I've had quite a few fights with those tooltip bubbles.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 10:41:42 PM »
The next beta will have an increased tool tip duration of 7 seconds instead of 5.  Also, if that is still too short, you will be able to go into your user.config for VoiceAttack to change the value to whatever you want.

iceblast

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 04:45:24 AM »
Yeah, that would work nicely. Since the tooltip box vanishes if you move the mouse away anyhow, I can just set the time to like 5 minutes, and move the mouse when I'm done. :)

I'm not the slowest reader in the world, but, sometimes you have to reread something multiple times to get what it means, and when the tooltip vanishes again and again, while your doing it, it can get annoying. :) Sometimes after all that, you still don't understand, but after working with VA more, and reading those tooltips more and more, you finally get it. :)

BoneScrolls

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 02:46:45 AM »
Ha , was about to ask for this when i saw the thread. Is it allready possible to adjust that setting in the user.config? as i cant find the setting name to adjust it yet.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 09:02:39 AM »
Unfortunately, I've been wrapped up in five other things and haven't tacked this one on as of yet.  I've got it down to add it, though.  Sorry about that, guys!

BoneScrolls

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 05:39:48 AM »
Ah, no worries take your time Voice attack still an amazing piece of work so first things first.
Thx for the reply ;)