Author Topic: Is separating commands by description possible?  (Read 2542 times)

KuruptU4Fun

Is separating commands by description possible?
« on: January 03, 2017, 01:12:56 PM »
I'm working with Star Citizen keyboard layout and there's crossover from the Flight Mode/ On-Foot Mode and EVA Mode.

I am separating out the Flight mode by keybinds to my HOTAS setup (X-55) and On-Foot and EVA with KB/ Mouse. I'd like to keep everything under one profile if possible.

My question is this: can I separate the two modes and lock out most of the keyboard and mouse by using the "Description" line? Categorize them by Flight mode or Foot mode possibly?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Is separating commands by description possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 01:24:01 PM »
The description is only used to provide a short summary of the function of your command, it has no other function.

To disable commands on the fly, you can either modify your existing commands to check a variable, so you can toggle certain commands by changing the state of said variable.

Alternatively, if you don't use both control schemes simultaneously(I'm not sure what you mean by "crossover"), you can simply disable keyboard and mouse or joystick shortcuts globally, without having to modify your commands.