Author Topic: Token for Scroll UP and Down  (Read 3887 times)

iceblast

Token for Scroll UP and Down
« on: December 11, 2016, 01:42:52 AM »
Token for Scroll UP and Down, I didn't see this in the manual, but maybe I over looked it.

I think it would be handy to be able to Hold a Key down, and then Scroll the Mouse Wheel up and down to trigger different commands.

Like Hold CTRL + Scroll Up or Down adjusts Volume control +/- 2 points or whatever you like.

That way you leave Scroll free from VA during regular use. The CTRL key, or whichever key you choose to Hold down, activates the use of the Scroll for commands.

Come to think of it. VA lets you choose the Multimedia buttons on the keyboard. Could you also, make them Tokens.

Sorry, I have no idea how hard it is to do any of this stuff for you. I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope it's easy to do. :)

I could really make use of these buttons if they were also Tokens.

Here's an example of using the Multimedia Home key in combination with other keys to trigger different commands.

Code: [Select]
Set integer [State] value to the converted value of {STATE_KEYSTATE:SHIFT}
Set integer [State] to [State] plus [{STATE_KEYSTATE:CTRL}]
Set Text [Volume] to [C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack Beta\Apps\Volume.txt]
Begin Text Compare : [{STATE_KEYSTATE:CTRL}] Equals '1'
    Set integer [Volume] to [Volume] plus 2
    Set system audio volume to [{INT:Volume}]
    Say, 'Volume Level is {STATE_SYSVOL}'
    Write (overwrite), '{INT:Volume}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack Beta\Apps\Volume.txt'
End Condition - Exit when condition met
Begin Text Compare : [{STATE_KEYSTATE:SHIFT}] Equals '1'
    Set integer [Volume] to [Volume] minus 2
    Say, 'Volume Level is {STATE_SYSVOL}'
    Write (overwrite), '{INT:Volume}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack Beta\Apps\Volume.txt'
End Condition - Exit when condition met
Begin Integer Compare : [State] Equals 0
    Set integer [Volume] value to 20
    Write '[Blue] {INT:Volume}' to log
End Condition

These are the control settings for another command that I use. I use Balabolka to read things I've copied to my clipboard. The problem is, my volume maybe real loud when I decide to have it read out loud for me, and shaking the house at 3am and waking everyone up, is usually a bad idea.

So, I have a combo command that checks which keys I'm pressing, and one of the commands from that will run another command, that sets the volume at the volume I set my first command at. Depending on what I'm doing at the time, it's either loud or quiet in my room, or it's night time and everyone is asleep. I wanted to be able to adjust the volume Balabolka plays at, to suit my needs.

It really helps to not have to worry about the volume lvl every time you use balabolka. My computer is hooked up to a very large stereo system. Cerwin Vega 15" speakers, and so forth. Earth shattering very loud, at 3am. :) If videos all had a standard volume lvl, I wouldn't have so many problems. :)

Sorry, I rambled on a bit there.

Thanks for the hard work!