Author Topic: VA does not see HOTAS WARTHOG, both in virtual device and in normal mode  (Read 4173 times)

Githyanki

Says it all, really. VA, and I tried both Beta and 1.6 does not see the joysticks at all. Note that I am not trying to push buttons, I am trying to read them for PTT functionality.

The controllers are visible to joystick tester programs like PosWDM, and respond. I have the latest firmware and drivers.

What may make a difference is that I am running the joysticks through a powered hub.

Any ideas?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA does not see HOTAS WARTHOG, both in virtual device and in normal mode
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 01:05:25 PM »
Have you assigned/enabled the joystick in VoiceAttack's "Joystick Options" under the "General" tab of the "Options" dialog(opened by clicking the little wrench icon on the main window)?

Githyanki

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 07:43:20 AM »
I tried: When I open the dialog the OK button remains grayed out when I click the enable joystick checkbox.

I have tried clicking a button as well as moving an axis to get VA to pick up the joystick, to no avail.
Likewise first clicking on the refresh button to get VA to pick up the Joysticks did not work.

I am running Windows 10, I have set VA to run in Admin mode, and I have "disabled" User Account control by setting the slider to nil. I use "disabled" with care as we all know how Microsoft likes to foil user discretion in one way or another, as with the vjoy and test mode driver signing scenario, which killed ppjoy

Any further suggestions or questions would be welcome. Thanks. My hope is I am simply missing something obvious or idiosyncratic about the way VA picks up Joysticks.

Thank you all, and thank you to Gary for an excellent utility.

Githyanki

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 07:47:25 AM »
Addendum: I have also moved the Joysticks off the powered hub, with no change in behaviour.

Ok. I used Iobit uninstaller to wipe the system drive and re installed VA beta (1.6.1.1). There is no change in behaviour. No joysticks are seen or accessible to VA, and the OK button remains grayed out.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:59:01 AM by Githyanki »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 01:00:51 PM »
Did you select your  joystick from the list of joysticks by clicking the button? Or does it not appear in that list?

EDIT: Fixed image links
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:46:26 PM by Pfeil »

Githyanki

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 03:49:54 AM »
IO error diagnosed in the end.

(Idiot operator, if you must know)

I got confused and tried to enable Joysticks under Hotkeys, by enabling the checkbox, and then pressing the button I wanted to use. This is not possible!

WHAT TO DO INSTEAD:

Go to the GENERAL Tab, not the HOTKEYS Tab. Both have Joystick functionality. This is where I got confused. YOU MUST ASSIGN JOYSTICKS IN GENERAL FIRST, BEFORE GOING TO HOTKEYS

Click Joystick options

In the case of the Warthog, select the virtual Thrustmaster Combined Joystick if you run that. CH Products needs this to be done as well.

Enable the necessary POV's, if using.

Enable the Push to talk button functionality by pressing the button you want to assign.

After this, you can fiddle with the Hotkeys tab and override Push to talk buttons by command or profile.

To others with similar problemsPlease Note that to SEND A JOYSTICK BUTTON PUSH TO YOUR GAME IS A VERY DIFFERENT BEAST INDEED. I speak under correction, but at the very least this needs

a plug in for Voice Attack
Vjoy virtual joystick driver, ppjoy does not function any more.
And fiddling

When I last was active on the forums this feature was not implemented, anyway, and I am not yet up to speed with 1.6.1. It may be now, but in case this is what you want, you will need to look further in other posts. Good luck