Author Topic: Save to Profile isn't  (Read 13323 times)

cmdrmcdonald

Save to Profile isn't
« on: December 06, 2016, 06:00:57 AM »
I have a simple remember/replay profile at http://www.mcdee.net/elite/MaterialReminder.vap that is meant to keep track of what items a user wants.  So for example if they say "Remember that I need iron" then later ask "Do I need iron?" VA will reply in the positive.

However, although I have 'Save to Profile' checked on the relevant text variable it doesn't seem to work.  I can do the following:

• Start VA
  • 'Remember that I need iron'
  • 'Do I need iron?' responds in the affirmative
  • Close VA
  • Start VA
  • 'Do I need iron?' responds unknown

This is with 1.6.1.4

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Save to Profile isn't
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 06:44:51 AM »
It does appear that saving's not working(in this build at least).

Even something as simple as
Save to profile
Code: [Select]
Set Text [Saved] to 'Yes' (save value to profile)
Retrieve from profile
Write '[Purple] {TXT:Saved}' to log
Will return "Not Set" after restarting VoiceAttack.

J. Calvert (Joshua)

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 07:08:54 AM »
It does appear that saving's not working(in this build at least).

Even something as simple as
Save to profile
Retrieve from profile
Write '[Purple] {TXT:Saved}' to log
Will return "Not Set" after restarting VoiceAttack.

Who am I to question Pfeil but this is working for me  :)
I'm using the unofficial 1.6.1.5 at the moment and my save command is
My Retrieve command is:
Set Text [Saved] to [Saved Value]
Write '[Blue] {TXT:Saved}' to log

After giving the Save command, restarting VA, giving the Retrieve command it writes Yes to the log.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 07:20:32 AM »
Who am I to question Pfeil but this is working for me  :)

I was thinking I should check the documentation on this, but in the end I neglected to. Shame on me  >:(

cmdrmcdonald

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 08:09:56 AM »
Hmm... that's a very clunky way of doing things compared to just re-loading the variables when VoiceAttack starts up.

I've tweaked my profile to try to make this work but still no dice.  If anyone wants to take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong it would be much appreciated.

Latest version is at http://www.mcdee.net/elite/M2.vap

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 09:08:26 AM »
I've tweaked my profile to try to make this work but still no dice.  If anyone wants to take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong it would be much appreciated.
I took another look, I don't see the mistake, if there is one.

Using a non-token variable name it works fine, but
Save to profile
Set Text [V1] to 'V2'
Set Text [{TXT:V1}] to 'V3' (save value to profile)
Write '[Purple] {TXT:V1} - {TXT:V2}' to log
Returns "V2 - V3" as expected, whereas
Retrieve from profile
Set Text [V1] to 'V2'
Set Text [{TXT:V1}] to [Saved Value] (save value to profile)
Set Text [V2] to [Saved Value] (save value to profile)
Set Text [|{TXT:V1|}] to [Saved Value] (save value to profile)
Set Text [TXT{:}V1] to [Saved Value] (save value to profile)
Returns "V2-V3" when run within the same session for the first line, however the others always returns "V2 - Not Set".

Either the value isn't getting stored at all, or something's going wrong when retrieving it, it seems(provided I'm not overlooking something).

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 02:50:30 PM »
If you would, please explain the steps you are taking (commands used), the result you are expecting and the result you are getting and I will get the profile in debug and see if there's something amiss.

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 01:28:19 PM »
Seems I have suddenly found this bug for no reason too

Was working just fine since Boxing Day now its started not remembering the values. I made a test script using the variables I'm using and get this.

Using VA 1.6.1.7 (prerelease)

Here is a little test script I made for testing:
Set decimal [BEE Total Distance] value to [Saved Value] (round to 0 decimal places)
Write '[Blue] Before total distance: {DEC:BEE Total Distance} LY' to log
Set decimal [BEE Total Distance] value to 7080 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Write '[Green] After total distance: {DEC:BEE Total Distance} LY' to log

Log:
19:52:35 - After total distance: 7080 LY
19:52:35 - Before total distance: 6723 LY
19:52:35 - External command : 'Total Travel distance'
19:47:48 - After total distance: 7080 LY
19:47:48 - Before total distance: 7080 LY
19:47:48 - External command : 'Total Travel distance'
19:46:51 - After total distance: 7080 LY
19:46:51 - Before total distance: 7080 LY
19:46:51 - External command : 'Total Travel distance'
19:46:42 - After total distance: 7080 LY
19:46:42 - Before total distance: 6723 LY
19:46:41 - External command : 'Total Travel distance'
19:46:36 - Plugin 'EDDI 2.1.0-b3' initialized.
19:46:35 - Plugin support enabled.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 01:44:56 PM by Bumble B »
--
CMDR Bumble B ö7
ASUS P6TD Deluxe, Intel i7 960 @ 3.2GHz, 12Gb G.Skill, Windows 7 SP1 (64bit), ASUS Geforce GTX 970 Strix (4Gb), ThrustMaster T-Flight HOTAS X, Cosair Void RGB USB Gaming Headset, TrackIR, EDDI, Voice Attack, ED Engineer

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 07:14:33 PM »
Hi, Bumble B.  I am going to need you to explain the steps you are taking (commands used and the actions in those commands), the result you are expecting and the result you are getting.  Otherwise, I am unable to reproduce the problem on this end as I am able to set and retrieve multiple decimal values even within the same command with no problem.

Something to note is that values are NOT saved to disk until the profile is changed or VA is closed.  Also, does turning off plugin support make any difference?

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 01:48:28 PM »
ok this may be a long post but here it goes.

IDEA: To garther jump data Travel distance, number of jumps, heat warnings, total fuel scooped, total fuel used, Jumped distance, fuel used, Current location, Home & destination. Also the count what stars and planetary bodies I've scanned.

All this data to be displayed on screen using txt files in OBS

Using VA v1.6.1.7 (prerelease) & EDDI 2 2.1.0-b3

((EDDI Jumped))
Retrieve variables values from Profile
Set decimal [BEE System distance from home] value to [Saved Value]
Set Text [BEE Destination] to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [BEE Distance to destination] value to [Saved Value]
DISABLED - Set Text [BEE Distance] to [distance] (save value to profile)
DISABLED - Set decimal [BEE System distance from home] value to [Saved Value]
DISABLED - Set decimal [BEE System distance from home] value to the value of [{DEC:System distance from home}] (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
DISABLED - Set decimal [BEE System distance from home] value to the value of [System distance from home] (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [BEE Heat Warnings] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [BEE Total Distance] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [BEE Total Jumps] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [BEE Total Fuel Scooped] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [BEE Total Jumped Fuel Used] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [BEE Jumped FuelUsed] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [BEE Jumped Distance] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [BEE System distance from home] value to [Saved Value]
Caluate Jumps, Distance, Heat Warnings, Fuel Scooped, Fuel Used, Distance from home, Distance to destination
Set decimal [BEE Heat Warnings] to [BEE Heat Warnings] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [BEE Total Distance] to [BEE Total Distance] plus [{DEC:EDDI jumped distance}] (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [BEE Total Jumps] to [BEE Total Jumps] plus 1 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [BEE Total Jumped Fuel Used] to [BEE Total Jumped Fuel Used] plus [{DEC:EDDI jumped fuelused}] (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [BEE Jumped FuelUsed] value to the value of [EDDI jumped fuelused] (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [BEE Jumped Distance] value to the value of [EDDI jumped distance] (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Write Location.txt
Write (overwrite), '[ ] {TXT:EDDI jumped system} System [ ]' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Location.txt'
Write Txt files
Write (overwrite), 'Travel Distance: {DEC:BEE Total Distance} LY' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Total Distance.txt'
Write (overwrite), 'Jumps: {DEC:BEE Total Jumps} ' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Total Jumps.txt'
Write (overwrite), 'Total Fuel Used: {DEC:BEE Total Jumped Fuel Used} Tons' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Total Fuel Used.txt'
Home and Destination Systems
Write (overwrite), '{TXT:Home system} - {DEC:BEE System distance from home} LY' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Home System.txt'
Write (overwrite), '{TXT:BEE Destination} - {DEC:BEE Destination distance} LY ' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Destination S...
Last 5 Jumps
Append, '
[ ] {TXT:EDDI jumped system} - ({DEC:BEE Jumped Distance} LY)' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Last 5 Jumps.txt'
Write '[Blue] {DEC:BEE Jumped Distance}' to log
Write '[Blue] {DEC:EDDI jumped distance}' to log
Write '[Blue] {DEC:BEE Jumped Distance}' to log
Destination system and distance here
Write '[Blue] Home Stuff: {TXT:Home system} - {DEC:BEE System distance from home} LY' to log
Write '[Blue] Destination Stuff: {TXT:BEE Destination} - {DEC:BEE Destination distance} LY' to log

((EDDI Heat warning))
Retrieved saved values from Profile
Set decimal [BEE Total Heat Warnings] value to [Saved Value] (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Calulation Heat warning +1
Set decimal [BEE Total Heat Warnings] to [BEE Total Heat Warnings] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Write Heat Warning to txt
Write (overwrite), 'Heat Warnings: {DEC:BEE Total Heat Warnings}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\HeatWarnings.txt'

((EDDI ship refuelled))
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI ship refuelled source] Equals 'SCOOP'
    Set decimal [BEE Total Fuel Scooped] value to [Saved Value]
    Set decimal [BEE Total Fuel Scooped] to [BEE Total Fuel Scooped] plus [EDDI ship refuelled amount] (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Total Fuel Scooped: {DEC:BEE Total Fuel Scooped} Tons' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Total Fuel Scooped.txt'
End Condition

((EDDI star scanned))
Retrieve values from Profile
Set decimal [Bee Star Main sequence] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Star White Dwarfs] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Star Neutron] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Star Black Hole] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Star Supermassive Black Hole] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Star Exotic] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Star A_BlueWhiteSuperGiant] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Star F_WhiteSuperGiant] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Star M_RedSuperGiant] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Star M_RedGiant] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Star K_OrangeGiant] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Star RoguePlanet] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Star Nebula] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Star StellarRemnantNebula] value to [Saved Value]
Add Main Sequence Stars
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'O'
    Set decimal [Bee Star Main sequence] to [Bee Star Main sequence] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Main Sequence Stars: {DEC:Bee Star Main Sequence}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\Main sequence .txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'B'
    Set decimal [Bee Star Main sequence] to [Bee Star Main sequence] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Main Sequence Stars: {DEC:Bee Star Main Sequence}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\Main sequence .txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'A'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'F'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'G'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'K'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'M'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'L'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'T'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'Y'
End Condition
White Dwarfs
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DA'
    Set decimal [Bee Star White Dwarfs] to [Bee Star White Dwarfs] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'White Dwarfs: {DEC:Bee Star White Dwarfs}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\White Dwarfs.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'D'
    Set decimal [Bee Star White Dwarfs] to [Bee Star White Dwarfs] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'White Dwarfs: {DEC:Bee Star White Dwarfs}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\White Dwarfs.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DAB'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DAO'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DAZ'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DAV'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DB'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DBZ'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DBV'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DO'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DOV'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DQ'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DC'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DCV'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'DX'
End Condition
Neutron Stars
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'N'
    Set decimal [Bee Star Neutron] to [Bee Star Neutron] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Neutron Stars: {DEC:Bee Star Neutron}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\Neutron Stars.txt'
End Condition
Black Holes
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'H'
    Set decimal [Bee Star Black Hole] to [Bee Star Black Hole] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Black Holes: {DEC:Bee Star Black Hole}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\Black Hole.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'SupermassiveBlackHole'
    Set decimal [Bee Star Supermassive Black Hole] to [Bee Star Supermassive Black Hole] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'S.Massive BlackHole: [DEC:Bee Star Supermassive Black Hole}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\Superm...
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'X'
    Set decimal [Bee Star Exotic] to [Bee Star Exotic] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Exotic: {DEC:Bee Star exotic}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\Exotic.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'A_BlueWhiteSuperGiant'
    Set decimal [Bee Star A_BlueWhiteSuperGiant] to [Bee Star A_BlueWhiteSuperGiant] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'A BlueWhiteSuperGiant: {DEC:Bee Star A_BlueWhiteSuperGiant}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\A_Blue...
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'F_WhiteSuperGiant'
    Set decimal [Bee Star F_WhiteSuperGiant] to [Bee Star F_WhiteSuperGiant] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'F White SuperGiant: {DEC:Bee Star F_WhiteSuperGiant}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\F_WhiteSuperG...
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'M_RedSuperGiant'
    Set decimal [Bee Star M_RedSuperGiant] to [Bee Star M_RedSuperGiant] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), ' M Red SuperGiant: {DEC:Bee Star M_RedSuperGiant}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\M_RedSuperGiant....
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'M_RedGiant'
    Set decimal [Bee Star M_RedGiant] to [Bee Star M_RedGiant] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'M_RedGiant: {DEC:Bee Star M_RedGiant}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\M_RedGiant.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'K_OrangeGiant'
    Set decimal [Bee Star K_OrangeGiant] to [Bee Star K_OrangeGiant] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'K OrangeGiant: {DEC:Bee Star K_OrangeGiant}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\K_OrangeGiant.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'RoguePlanet'
    Set decimal [Bee Star RoguePlanet] to [Bee Star RoguePlanet] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'RoguePlanet: {DEC:Bee Star RoguePlanet}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\RoguePlanet.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'Nebula'
    Set decimal [Bee Star Nebula] to [Bee Star Nebula] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'RoguePlanet: {DEC:Bee Star Nebula}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\Nebula.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI star scanned stellarclass] Equals 'StellarRemnantNebula'
    Set decimal [Bee Star StellarRemnantNebula] to [Bee Star StellarRemnantNebula] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Stellar Remnant Nebula: {DEC:Bee Star StellarRemnantNebula}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\Stella...
End Condition

((EDDI body scanned))
Retrieve values from Profile
Set decimal [Bee Body HMC] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Body Earth Like] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Body Water world] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Body Ammonia world] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Body Water giant] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Body Gas giant] value to [Saved Value]
Set decimal [Bee Body Rocky Ice] value to [Saved Value]
Check Body and add to counter
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Rocky body'
    Set decimal [Bee Body Rocky Ice] to [Bee Body Rocky Ice] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Rocky & Ice Worlds: {DEC:Bee Body Rocky Ice}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Bodies\Rocky Ice.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Icy body'
    Set decimal [Bee Body Rocky Ice] to [Bee Body Rocky Ice] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Rocky & Ice Worlds: {DEC:Bee Body Rocky Ice}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Bodies\Rocky Ice.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Rocky ice body'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'High metal content body'
    Set decimal [Bee Body HMC] to [Bee Body HMC] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'High Metal Worlds: {DEC:Bee Body HMC}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Bodies\HMC.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Metal rich body'
    Set decimal [Bee Body HMC] to [Bee Body HMC] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'High Metal Worlds: {DEC:Bee Body HMC}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Bodies\HMC.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Earthlike body'
    Set decimal [Bee Body Earth Like] to [Bee Body Earth Like] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Earth Like Worlds: {DEC:Bee Body Earth Like}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Bodies\EarthLike.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Ammonia world'
    Set decimal [Bee Body Ammonia world] to [Bee Body Ammonia world] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Ammonia Worlds: {DEC:Bee Body Ammonia world}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Bodies\Ammonia world.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Water world'
    Set decimal [Bee Body Water world] to [Bee Body Water world] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Water World: {DEC:Bee Body Water world}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Bodies\WaterWorld.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Water giant'
    Set decimal [Bee Body Water world] to [Bee Body Water world] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Water Worlds: {DEC:Bee Body Water world}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Bodies\WaterWorld.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Water giant with life'
    Write (overwrite), 'Water Worlds: {DEC:Bee Body Water world}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Bodies\WaterWorld.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Gas giant with water based life'
    Set decimal [Bee Body Gas giant] to [Bee Body Gas giant] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Gas Worlds: {DEC:Bee Body Gas giant}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Bodies\GasGiant.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Gas giant with ammonia based life'
    Set decimal [Bee Body Gas giant] to [Bee Body Gas giant] plus 1.00000 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
    Write (overwrite), 'Gas Worlds: {DEC:Bee Body Gas giant}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Bodies\GasGiant.txt'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Sudarsky class I gas giant'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Sudarsky class II gas giant'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Sudarsky class III gas giant'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Sudarsky class IV gas giant'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Sudarsky class V gas giant'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Helium rich gas giant'
End Condition
Begin Text Compare : [EDDI body scanned bodyclass] Equals 'Helium gas giant'
End Condition

((Reset OBS Exploration Data))
Reset Bodys
Set decimal [{Bee Body Earth Like}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Body Water world}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Body Ammonia world}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Body HMC}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Body Gas giant}] value to 0 (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Body Rocky Ice}] value to 0 (save value to profile)
Reset Stars
Set decimal [{Bee Star Main sequence}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Star White Dwarfs}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Star Neutron}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Star Black Hole}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Star Supermassive Black Hole}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Star Exotic}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Star A_BlueWhiteSuperGiant}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Star F_WhiteSuperGiant}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Star M_RedSuperGiant}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Star M_RedGiant}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Star K_OrangeGiant}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Star RoguePlanet}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Star Nebula}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{Bee Star StellarRemnantNebula}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Reset Heat warning, Travel Distance, Total Jumps, Total Fuel scooped, Total jumped fuel used.
Set decimal [{BEE Total Heat Warnings}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{BEE Total Distance}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{BEE Total Jumps}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{BEE Total Fuel Scooped}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{BEE Total Jumped Fuel Used}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Reset Jumped Fuel Used, Fuel Used
Set decimal [{BEE Jumped Fuel Used}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Set decimal [{BEE Fuel Used}] value to 0 (round to 0 decimal places) (save value to profile)
Write Reset
Write (overwrite), 'Heat Warnings: {DEC:BEE Total Heat Warnings}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\HeatWarnings.txt'
Write (overwrite), 'Travel Distance: {DEC:BEE Total Distance} LY' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Total Distance.txt'
Write (overwrite), 'Jumps: {DEC:BEE Total Jumps} ' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Total Jumps.txt'
Write (overwrite), 'Total Fuel Scooped: {DEC:BEE Total Fuel Scooped} Tons' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Total Fuel Scooped.txt'
Write (overwrite), 'Total Fuel Used: {DEC:BEE Jumped Fuel Used} Tons' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Total Fuel Used.txt'
Write (overwrite), 'Main Sequence Stars: {DEC:Bee Star Main sequence}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\Main sequence .txt'
Write (overwrite), 'Neutron Stars: {DEC:Bee Star Neutron}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\Neutron Stars.txt'
Write (overwrite), 'Black Holes: {DEC:Bee Star Black Hole}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Stars\Black Holes.txt'
Write (overwrite), 'Earth Like Worlds: {DEC:Bee Body Earth Like}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Bodies\EarthLike.txt'
Write (overwrite), 'Ammonia Worlds: {DEC:Bee Body Ammonia world}' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Exploration\Bodies\Ammonia world.txt'
Write (overwrite), '
' to file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\Snaz\TextFiles\Bee Data\Last 5 Jumps.txt'
Say, 'Reset O B S Exploration Data'
Write '[Green] Saved Total Distance reset: {DEC:BEE Total Distance}' to log
DISABLED - Set Text [Home system] to 'LHS 1337' (save value to profile)
DISABLED - Write '[Blue] {TXT:Home system}' to log
--
CMDR Bumble B ö7
ASUS P6TD Deluxe, Intel i7 960 @ 3.2GHz, 12Gb G.Skill, Windows 7 SP1 (64bit), ASUS Geforce GTX 970 Strix (4Gb), ThrustMaster T-Flight HOTAS X, Cosair Void RGB USB Gaming Headset, TrackIR, EDDI, Voice Attack, ED Engineer

J. Calvert (Joshua)

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 02:49:39 PM »
I think the problem has to do with the last remark Gary made "Something to note is that values are NOT saved to disk until the profile is changed or VA is closed'

For instance in the ((EDDI jumped)) you retrieve the old total jumped distance and add the last jump to it and than save the new total. But at the next jump you do the same but,since you didn't change the profile or closed VA in between the retrieve command doesn't retrieve the last total you saved but the same total you retrieved when the first jump was made.

To solve it I think you should move all the retrieve commands from all the seperate events to one new command that only executes at the start of VA. Then when you make a jump the old total is already retrieved at the start of VA. The seperate jumps after that get added to that total and will be used in your OBS. Than when you close VA the correct total will be saved to disk and will be retrieved the next time you start VA. I hope my english makes sense.

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 03:33:40 PM »
I think the problem has to do with the last remark Gary made "Something to note is that values are NOT saved to disk until the profile is changed or VA is closed'

For instance in the ((EDDI jumped)) you retrieve the old total jumped distance and add the last jump to it and than save the new total. But at the next jump you do the same but,since you didn't change the profile or closed VA in between the retrieve command doesn't retrieve the last total you saved but the same total you retrieved when the first jump was made.

To solve it I think you should move all the retrieve commands from all the seperate events to one new command that only executes at the start of VA. Then when you make a jump the old total is already retrieved at the start of VA. The seperate jumps after that get added to that total and will be used in your OBS. Than when you close VA the correct total will be saved to disk and will be retrieved the next time you start VA. I hope my english makes sense.

I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Your English is just fine, hell maybe better than mine.

I found it funny that it seemed to work but not saving the last set of values so I didn't really notice til I was looking directly at it and saw the numbers lessen instead of increasing. I guess I was just amazed it worked to begin with as this is the first time I've scripted anything this complex.
--
CMDR Bumble B ö7

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 05:02:35 PM »
Ok... let me know how all that goes.  I opened the thread and saw all that code and was like... !!!  lol

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 10:56:23 PM »
Ok... let me know how all that goes.  I opened the thread and saw all that code and was like... !!!  lol

Yeah sorry about that, was only way I could think of to explain it to give you a better idea on what I was up to.

Sometimes seeing the whole code you see something small & simple that I've just missed.
--
CMDR Bumble B ö7

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 01:24:36 PM »
One thing I wanted to ask, do I have to shut VA down properly so it saves the latest set of values to the profile? Can I just shut my computer down using windows shut down command and VA still shuts down and saves the last set of values?

I've noticed that sometimes some of the values are not completely remembered when i do shut down for the night. Other than that everything seems to be working.
--
CMDR Bumble B ö7

Tkael

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 02:40:30 PM »
I've created a .vap file which I believe replicates the issue and expresses it more simply. See attached.

Gary, run the "Test" command, then restart VA and run the "Test response" command. You'll notice that the log output does not match.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 11:48:26 PM »
Bumble B- VoiceAttack needs to be properly shut down, as the values are not saved to disk unless certain expected events occur.

Tkael-

I'm going to need to look into this a little further.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 12:14:00 AM »
Quick question, Tkael...  Are you testing this by right-clicking and selecting, 'execute command'?  I'm able to save and retrieve with no problem.

If so, there will be problems when saving values like that, since when you edit a profile, you kind of enter a kind of virtual state... this is so that when you hit cancel, you can revert all your changes.  In order to retain values to the profile, you will need to do your saves while not editing the profile.

If not, would you explain what the expected output should be versus what you are getting.  If I do, 'Test' and 'Test Response' immediately (without closing VA), I get the same results when I close VA and execute, 'Test Response'.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:19:06 AM by Gary »

Tkael

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 03:47:36 AM »
No, I'm triggering by using voice commands.

On the "Test" voice command, I get the following output:
02:40:37 - Yes you do need bananas

When I close and restart VA, then use the "Test Response" voice command, I get the following output:
02:42:58 - Not set
02:42:58 - Not set
02:42:58 - Yes you do need bananas
02:42:58 - Yes you do need bananas

Tests 3 & 4 do not preserve their values through the restart. In both test cases, a token is included in the variable name of the variable to be saved. The relevant actions (taken from the "Test" command) are:
Set Text [Test 3 - {TXT:Material reminder variable}] to 'Yes you do need bananas' (save value to profile)
Set Text [Test 4 - {TXT:Material reminder variable}] to 'Yes you do need {TXT:Material reminder material}' (save value to profile)

Tkael

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 03:54:48 AM »
I took another look, I don't see the mistake, if there is one.

Using a non-token variable name it works fine, but
Save to profile
Set Text [V1] to 'V2'
Set Text [{TXT:V1}] to 'V3' (save value to profile)
Returns "V2 - V3" as expected, whereas
Retrieve from profile
Set Text [V1] to 'V2'
Set Text [{TXT:V1}] to [Saved Value] (save value to profile)
Set Text [V2] to [Saved Value] (save value to profile)
Set Text [|{TXT:V1|}] to [Saved Value] (save value to profile)
Set Text [TXT{:}V1] to [Saved Value] (save value to profile)
Returns "V2-V3" when run within the same session for the first line, however the others always returns "V2 - Not Set".

Either the value isn't getting stored at all, or something's going wrong when retrieving it, it seems(provided I'm not overlooking something).

Also this.

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 10:03:48 AM »
AH once again another little tit bit of info for me. When I was trying to  add values to my variables I was using the right click execute command all the time wondering why it always didn't save the values right when the script was triggered by EDDI. I need to add a few voice scripts to add values to my variables to keep them up to date.

Cheers
--
CMDR Bumble B ö7

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2017, 06:44:29 PM »
Ok... making more sense now.  I think I may have a fix for this soon.

Edit:
I've put a version out in the, 'unofficial' bin for you to try if you don't want to wait until the beta release:
http://www.voiceattack.com/unofficial

Let me know if it does what you are needing it to do.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 07:02:02 PM by Gary »

Tkael

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 01:51:13 AM »
Well, the fix you put out does correct my "Test" profile but I'm afraid that the material reminder profile is still not working. I've exported my current code - maybe there's a flaw someone can spot in there somewhere?

J. Calvert (Joshua)

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 03:03:09 AM »
Well, the fix you put out does correct my "Test" profile but I'm afraid that the material reminder profile is still not working. I've exported my current code - maybe there's a flaw someone can spot in there somewhere?

I think I've got it to work.
In the "Do I need" command I've changed:
Set Boolean [{BOOL: Material reminder for {TXT:Material reminder material}}] to [Saved Value]into:
Set Boolean [{Material reminder for {TXT:Material reminder material}}] to [Saved Value]and it seems be working.
When I say "Remember that I need iron", it says I do during the session and also when I close VA, restart VA and ask again.
Also when I say "Remember that I don't need iron" is working, after a restart VA still says I don't need iron.
The only time VA answers "I have no idea" is when I ask if I need a material and I didn't mention that material before so when I've not told VA anything about zinc and I ask if I need zinc VA says "no idea"

Tkael

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 07:44:24 PM »
I do believe that fixed my code. Thank you.