Author Topic: Enable the "Capture Mouse Location" key combination with shortcuts disabled  (Read 4856 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Currently, attempting to use the "Set Position" feature in the "Add a Mouse Action" dialog's "Move" tab with keyboard shortcuts disabled will result in nothing happening.

Could using this feature either enable(if possible, only this particular) keyboard shortcuts, or display a warning to explain why it's not working?

EDIT: "Capture Mouse Position" (and the Macro Recorder) keyboard shortcuts work when keyboard shortcuts are off in v1.7.6.

Though, global shortcuts like "Stop Command Processing Hotkey" don't, as my reply indicated.
I didn't find this documented anywhere (the last mention is the 1.6 changelog, which is incorrect), but as this has been the behavior for so long and it does make sense, I'll consider the matter closed.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 03:57:36 AM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
All keyboard shortcuts are turned off so that VA does not, process, 'handle' or process and, 'handle' keyboard shortcuts.  Also that screen handles an event that never even gets to it when the shortcuts are off, so it doesn't even know the keys are pressed to issue the warning.  Otherwise, yeah... it could display a message.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
It can't detect a keypress that it's not listening for, obviously, but I would assume the dialog can check whether keyboard shortcuts are enabled.

The "Capture Mouse Location" dialog doesn't serve any other function than waiting for a keypress to record the current cursor location, so I figure it could either turn shortcuts on when it's opened and back off when it's closed(ideally only listening for the relevant combination and not executing any commands, especially none bound to those keys), or show a message telling the user it's can't operate with shortcuts off, possibly with a button to manually turn on(keyboard) shortcuts.

I'd just like an alternative to backing out of the "Capture Mouse Location" dialog, the "Add a Mouse Action" window, the "Add a Command"/"Edit a Command" window, and the "Edit a Profile" window, to get back to the main window to turn on the shortcuts, then doing all of that again in reverse to get back to what they were doing in the first place.

EDIT: So, this behavior does not appear to have changed in 1.6, however the changelog notes:
Turning off keyboard shortcuts now only turns off command shortcuts.  Global hotkeys (listening,  command stop, mouse capture) will remain in effect.

I can't seem to utilize any non-UI shortcuts(When keyboard shortcuts are Off). E.G. Alt-E still opens the "Edit a Profile" window, but user-set key combinations have no effect.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:57:16 AM by Pfeil »