Author Topic: Mouse movement problem.  (Read 7893 times)

Arnak

Mouse movement problem.
« on: November 06, 2016, 07:27:34 AM »
Hi Folks,

I have a strange problem in that when I have a game playing on the main monitor at full screen I cannot get the mouse to move onto the second monitor using the VA commands. ::)

Without the game running the VA command functions perfectly.

Yet I can move the mouse manually with the game running onto the second monitor as normal.

So how can I get the mouse to move with VA, is there a way to get the mouse focus?

Thanks

Martin

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Mouse movement problem.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 08:45:21 AM »
What game is this, Martin?

Arnak

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 09:31:11 AM »
Hi Gary,

It is Elite Dangerous.

I have now nearly got it right by telling VA that it is the application to be clicked, that works. :)

The last step is to get the mouse to click on ED which has lost the focus once the app has been clicked on.
ED is on the main screen but the task bar is now showing on the bottom which usually happens when the focus has been changed.

All I have to do is to press the left mouse button on ED to make that the main focus again.

So far VA makes the mouse move back to ED but does not click on it to recover the focus.

I have tried setting VA to go back to the active window and to ED back neither of those options work.

Thanks,

Martin
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 09:55:41 AM by Arnak »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 10:05:26 AM »
Is the game running in "true" fullscreen, or a screen sized borderless window?

If you move the cursor out of the game manually and click the left mouse button, does the game lose focus?

I don't have Elite to test with, but Googling around, it seems the game has had many issues with mouse cursors vanishing, getting stuck, and not getting locked to the window.

What is the "Hardware Mouse Cursor" option in the ingame settings set to?

Arnak

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 12:11:26 PM »
Hi Pfeil,

Thanks for the reply.

The game is screen sized borderless window.

If I move the mouse cursor to the second monitor and left click the game looses focus but not until I left click.

There are no actual hardware settings for the mouse or at least none that are switched on or would be useful as far as I can see.

For some reason, even setting VA to focus on the game the left click on the game screen does not recover the games focus.

Only by pressing the left button manually causes the focus to be regained, strange that.

I am obviously doing something wrong in VA.

Martin

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 12:32:04 PM »
Which action are you using to regain focus of ED?

The "Perform a Window Function" action should change focus(note that this is in the context of Windows itself, not VoiceAttack's command target, unless you check that option) to the window you choose.

E.g.
Code: [Select]
Display window 'notepad.exe' as [Show]

Arnak

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 01:43:30 PM »
Hi Pfeil,

I am using the VA command enable process target with the option Elite Dangerous.

I have also tried the active window option, neither work for some reason.

As I have mentioned, a manual mouse click at the position on the ED screen will regain the focus.

This will no doubt work once I find the correct command to make it do so.8-))

The code you supplied looks good but I don't know where to include that in other stuff?

Martin

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 02:13:18 PM »
I am using the VA command enable process target with the option Elite Dangerous.

I have also tried the active window option, neither work for some reason.
I'm not sure what you mean by these; Are you using the "Send commands to :" dropdown in the main window?

Either way, setting the process target does not directly change the focus in a Windows context; It only means command output(keypresses) will be sent to that window.

The code you supplied looks good but I don't know where to include that in other stuff?
It's an example of the "Perform a Window Function" action. You should add such an action to the command you're using to switch back to ED by clicking the "Other" button in the "Edit a Command" window, mouse over to the "Windows" entry and either click it or wait for it to expand, then click the "Perform a Window Function" entry.

You'll want to reference the Elite Dangerous executable that you're using("elitedangerous64.exe" or elitedangerous32.exe"), or you can use the title of the window.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 04:03:30 PM »
Also, Martin, what version of VA are you running?  Later versions will do a better job of selecting what is under the mouse versus what the active window may be.

Arnak

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 05:20:04 PM »
Hi Pfeil & Gary,

Thanks to you both for your help,

VA version 1.5.8

My first attempt is using the edit a command menu, enable process target.

I'll try the way you have suggested, I'll get the hang of this yet!!!

I will get back to you tomorrow with either success or failure...

Martin

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 05:26:16 PM »
I think that version was built in 1930.  You should try updating to see if that helps ;)

Arnak

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 05:43:14 PM »
Hi Gary,

Thanks, will do. :)

Martin

Arnak

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 10:21:57 AM »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the help, it is now working. ;D

Martin