Author Topic: opacity in beta .31  (Read 3853 times)

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
opacity in beta .31
« on: November 02, 2016, 08:11:58 AM »
setting opacity by running the command

Run application '{VA_DIR}\VoiceAttack.exe ' -with parameters '-opacity ??' (where ?? is the number)

doesn't seem to work. It works fine for darkmode though.

TheThingIs
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: opacity in beta .31
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 09:45:58 AM »
I'm not able to reproduce the opacity problem.  Are you using other parameters or just -opacity by itself?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 10:54:39 AM »
I am able to reproduce this.

The parameter only works on first run. It does not appear to affect a running instance, either from a normal shortcut or
Code: [Select]
Run application '{VA_DIR}\VoiceAttack.exe' -with parameters '-opacity 20'

To clarify, the parameter "-opacity" does not work on a running instance at any time, including when "-toggledark" in active, however, "-toggledark" does work when called using the "Run An Application" action or a normal shortcut.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:58:30 AM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 12:05:31 PM »
I don't think it's set up to affect a running instance.  Also, there's not much done with it as it was set up to test if it was possible and then just left in and not removed.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 12:53:16 PM »
Fair enough.

Though, currently it's not quite clear which parameters affect running instances; Under the section "Command Line Options" of the documentation, it is stated:
Note: If VoiceAttack is already started, most command line parameters affect the already-running instance of VoiceAttack.

Only "-nokeyboard" and "-nomouse" are specifically noted not to work in this way, while parameters like "-nospeech" and "-showloadtime" are not, even though they don't either.

Admittedly "-opacity" is in the "For fun... maybe" section, where the command line parameter "-toggledark" is specifially noted to always affect the running instance.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 01:30:03 PM »
ok np. I currently use nircmd.exe to do it but was trying to remove additional programs with my profile when possible.

Thanks
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.