Author Topic: Left click command not work in the context menus of Windows 10  (Read 6080 times)

pavsko

Is there any way how to configure "mouse left click" command to work in the Context menus opened via "right click" in windows 10 environment? I found out that using "Enter" command while standing on an item in the context menu works. But it would be much better to use left click as I do while working with a real mouse... It seems to me that left click in context menus lack proper focus so that does not work.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Left click command not work in the context menus of Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 11:59:47 PM »
Odd. Same effect in Windows 7; The context menu dissapears, but the menu item is not activated.

When clicking the right mouse button instead, the context menu is replaced by another, rather than activating the menu item under the cursor.

Sending mouse clicks with Autohotkey does have the desired effect, so it's possible(I.E. it's not a security measure within Windows).

I'm gonna move this to the "Issues" section, so Gary can have a look at it.

pavsko

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 01:03:00 AM »
OK, thanks for the comment... Hope it would be fixed...
P.S: Before VA I was using pure WSR and it worked (command "click").

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 08:01:56 AM »
You will want to go into the options screen, go to the system/advanced tab and check the box labeled, 'bypass mouse targeting'.  That will allow you to access the context menus, however, you are now responsible for knowing that the app that has focus is the app that will be receiving the clicks.  So, if you move your mouse over to another app that is not in focus and click, the app under the mouse is not the one receiving the clicks.  Since most users are not using context menus, the default is to select the app under the mouse.  I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but it's in response to the once-per-week, 'your software mouse clicks do not work'.  Changing it to the way it is has stopped that stream until now ;)  I'll tinker with it and see if I can make it a little bit smarter and not so draconian one way or the other.

pavsko

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 08:47:19 AM »
Great! Many thanks. That works like charm now  :)
VA is a top notch piece of SW!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 05:44:57 PM »
If you want to try it out, I put a build out in the, 'unofficial' bin:  http://www.voiceattack.com/unofficial
It's pretty much the same code you'll find in the beta, plus today's update.

Should work a little better with context menus AND not require you to have to bypass mouse targeting.   Just note that you'll want to uncheck the, 'bypass mouse targeting' box from earlier ;)

pavsko

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 02:33:29 AM »
Hi Gary, I tried to download recommended new exe from "unofficial" but my antivir detected virus in a downloaded exe file... So I decided to not run it...

"Virus/Spyware 'CXweb/OddDld-A' has been detected on this site"

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 03:17:42 AM »
I tried to download recommended new exe from "unofficial" but my antivir detected virus in a downloaded exe file
Literally every antivirus suite that can scan it declares the file as safe, so it's a false positive. Which antivirus package are you running?

The definition name suggests Sophos, but in any case it's likely a heuristics engine seeing danger where there is none.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:22:50 AM by Pfeil »

pavsko

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 03:46:02 AM »
Yes, SOPHOS. If you think it is safe and sophos detected virus by mistake, I will try to
install it later at home (at work Sophos block downloaded file)

pavsko

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 10:19:23 AM »
Tried to install without success - error: Unhandled exception...

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

<lots of exception stuff omitted for brevity>
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:10:43 PM by Gary »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »
Hi, Pavsko.

You cannot run that file all by itself.  It needs to go in the VoiceAttack installation folder with supporting .dlls.  You'll replace the existing .exe with the downloaded one.  I would rename the original .exe to something else first, though ;)

pavsko

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 01:37:23 PM »
OK  :) Got it.
The new version seems to work fine (with unchecked "bypass" checbox)
Left click on items of context menus works well.

Thumbs up!