Author Topic: Set Windows Default Sound Request Additional Option?  (Read 1957 times)

joepoway

Set Windows Default Sound Request Additional Option?
« on: September 05, 2018, 11:03:10 AM »
I am familiar with the "Change the Windows default playback device" option and have used it for quite sometime.

However I switch between an Oculus Rift Headset and my Samsung TV speakers and have run into a strange issue.

When I use the command to switch playback devices it works fine except when I switch from the Rift headset to the Samsung TV speakers it leaves the Rift Headphones as "Default Communications Device" and sets the TV speakers to "Default Device' as it should. Leaving the Rift Headset as "Default Communications Device" creates a playback issue in some of my flight sim apps with multiple add on apps as some sounds still are played through the "Default Communications device". Note depending on what was the Default Device (Rift or TV) when I launch and use VA the situation will be reversed regarding which device remains "Default Communications Device" instead of "Ready".

If I manually go to the Windows 10 Sound control panel and select default for either of the playback devices the other device always goes to "Ready" which causes no issues and all the sound is directed to the "Default Device".

My question:
Is it possible to create an option that would actually enable us to "Set Default" of a particular playback device in addition to switching playback devices that VA already provides?  This would solve my issue.

Thanks in advance and I love your product especially flying in VR!

Sincerely,
Joe

EDIT by Pfeil: The "Change Default Audio Devices" action can set multimedia and communications playback and recording devices.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:15:42 PM by Pfeil »