Author Topic: Save/Restore for Joystick Configurations  (Read 957 times)

BillEvansAlone

Save/Restore for Joystick Configurations
« on: August 28, 2024, 04:53:30 AM »
Different Games/Vehicles require different joystick devices to be set up under Joystick Options. This isn't usually much of a hardship, but if you are also using vJoy devices (which for some reason can't be given a name) it's an almighty pain to select the right vJoy Device for each VoiceAttack slot (I actually use 5 vJoy Devices; please don't judge me!). Anyway, would it be possible, even beneficial,  to add a Save/Restore function to Joystick Options? This would modify user.config (which currently I hand-edit). Alternatively, would you consider saving Joystick Options with the VoiceAttack Profile?

Thanks for considering this.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Save/Restore for Joystick Configurations
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2024, 02:00:14 AM »
Have you had a look at this utility?
I just updated it to support more joystick slots, so you'll be able to swap out all 4 of them (rather than the 2 that were available when the utility was created initially)

If you want to swap out multiple joysticks, you'd want to run the utility from the batch file instead of its own "Run an Application" action, making sure to use the "/W" parameter so the instances run sequentially rather than concurrently.

BillEvansAlone

Re: Save/Restore for Joystick Configurations
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2024, 10:49:45 AM »
Thanks Pfeil. Your utility works beautifully. I just had to insert a few lines into pre-existing batch files I use to start MSFS and DCS. I'm still a fan of the Save/Restore Joystick Options idea, but this gets me 95% of the way there. Thanks again.