Author Topic: VoiceAttack and Steamlink on Meta 3  (Read 648 times)

malanar

VoiceAttack and Steamlink on Meta 3
« on: August 13, 2024, 12:53:04 PM »
Hello guys,

Trying to make VoiceAttack work using the mic on Meta 3 through Steamlink (wired and wireless) with no success. As soon as the game launches (IL-2) mic is dead. Mic works fine before that and after i change the default mic to oculus.
Closing the game and everything is back to normal. Tried the streaming device on VA, no good.

Any help?

Windows11

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VoiceAttack and Steamlink on Meta 3
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2024, 01:35:57 AM »
Does Windows show the microphone working with the game running?

Is the "Windows Speech Recording Device" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window set to the "Default - "-prefixed option?
That would be the correct configuration to have it use the Windows default multimedia recording device.

If the above it correctly set to "Default - ", does starting VoiceAttack while the game is already running make a difference?

malanar

Re: VoiceAttack and Steamlink on Meta 3
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2024, 12:43:52 PM »
Problem solved, i need to change the default output to meta 3. When the game isrted it was using the default output, all other sounds was doing ok including Discord and Discord was set to use default output.

So basically i neet to set all sounds (input - before launching VA - cant change after, VA locks it and doesnt recognize the change AND output - before launching the game)

For the input i use 2 shortcuts for a powershell command to change the device.
For output VA runs other powershell commands.