Author Topic: Versions .17 - current  (Read 3019 times)

Technomancer

• I have a bad feeling about this...
Versions .17 - current
« on: October 06, 2016, 09:38:59 AM »
OK, so I feel like a donkey's behind for not having posted before, and it could just be me, since I don't see anyone else having issues, but since 1.5.12.17 I'm getting a plugin error with EDDI.  I've just continued to use .15 which works fine for me.

The error says something about "this is not a valid JSON file and could not be parsed" (?).

I think the problem might be (judging from the dialog in the "Feature Requests\Ability for plugin to execute VoiceAttack commands") that I need to upgrade to the newer version of EDDI that was just put out for beta.  I thought, however, that the newer versions of VA would not break the current plugin.  All I'm getting back is "Not Set" for all the variables.

Also, last night I got a really weird error with .22 (I apologize, I'm at work and I can't remember the error exactly) about one of my variables that just contains an integer (ranging from 2 to -2), on which I perform some really basic math (just subtraction/addition that takes it to 0 in a loop).  Not sure what that was all about.

For some reason, the VAExtensions plugin continues to work fine, unless it hasn't yet performed a function that is also broken.

For the record, the only thing I do is paste the files from the new VA.zipped version into the current VA directory; which is what I've done since day one without issue.

I'll go home and post the specific errors I'm getting.  It was kinda late last night and I was a bit tired. :P

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Versions .17 - current
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 02:35:29 PM »
The error says something about "this is not a valid JSON file and could not be parsed" (?).

That would be an EDDI issue, as VA does nothing with JSON.

Also, last night I got a really weird error with .22 (I apologize, I'm at work and I can't remember the error exactly) about one of my variables that just contains an integer (ranging from 2 to -2), on which I perform some really basic math (just subtraction/addition that takes it to 0 in a loop).  Not sure what that was all about.

Yeah... I'll need the error message and a way to reproduce the error, otherwise I don't even know where to start with that.

For some reason, the VAExtensions plugin continues to work fine, unless it hasn't yet performed a function that is also broken.

It's probably still using v3 or prior, as those interfaces have not changed.

cmdrmcdonald

Re: Versions .17 - current
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 03:03:12 AM »
If there is an issue with EDDI please could you post the eddi.log and I'll take a look?  Thanks.