Author Topic: Conditionals causing delays  (Read 299 times)

Astan

Conditionals causing delays
« on: July 06, 2024, 03:42:13 AM »
I've observed that using conditional blocks (“Begin <VAR> compare”) tends to cause rather significant delays to command execution – up to 2 seconds, even for a simple Boolean check. Resource Balance Offset (in Command options) set to 1 or 5 does not seem to help minimize this delay. I'm wondering if this only happens on my machine, or perhaps that's common? If it's the latter, are there any known solutions to this?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Conditionals causing delays
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2024, 09:12:27 AM »
That is not normal at all. Conditional actions should have no noticeable delay.

Does this occur even when you create a new profile containing a simple command that uses the "True/False (Boolean)" tab to check the value of a variable?

Astan

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2024, 03:58:51 PM »
Thank you, a fresh profile with two test commands works as you described; there is no noticeable delay in executing a command with a conditional block (as compared to one without a conditional block).

The question, then, is: how to remedy this in the other profile? Is this because it may hold too many variables?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2024, 04:27:47 PM »
Something has gone sideways in your profile for some reason.

Would it be possible for you to zip up your VoiceAttack.dat file and send it to me over at support@voiceattack.com?
I can pop it in the debugger and see what is going on in there as it could be something correctable.

The VoiceAttack.dat file can be found in
C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack

If that is not something you want to share, I understand.

After you send the file, what you will want to do is try exporting your affected profile and then re-import it. That usually solves weird issues like this. 

Astan

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2024, 02:20:50 AM »
Thank you, actually, that (reimporting the profile) or software update or library update (.NET, if it was a dependency) might have solved the issue. I cannot say for sure, sorry.

This is seemingly unrelated to conditionals or command target resolution (which also acted up on my side), however, you said in release notes (for v1.14) that snippets were causing weird issues, and this has now been resolved. Might that have been the culprit, somehow?

And: many thanks for your support.