Author Topic: Star Citizen and VoiceAttack can't share the same headset (Sennheiser PC 373D)  (Read 322 times)

MorphineVA

Hello !

All was working fine until a few days ago when I've changed my GC (3060 Ti ==> 4070 super) and SC got a small update. Both events at the same time, idk if they're related or not.

The issue : when voiceattack is active, I've got no more sound in SC, but only if I use the same peripheral (headset Sennheiser PC 373D). I tried using the headset for VA and external speakers for SC, it works again.
So it's really about "sharing" the same peripheral.
Sometimes, the situation is reversed, I got sound in SC but then VA don't recognize the headset anymore (no mic input, no notification sound).
I tried already the "run with administrator mode" on VA. No change. I always run it with max rights anyway. I tried to untick "allow exclusive use" in windows peripheral settings, no effect.

Any idea ? It drives me crazy >< VA is super cool for SC, can't imagine flying without it  :-[

My config (just in case) :
Win 10 (10.0.19045 Build 19045)
i7-13700KF
32GB DDR5
RTX-4070 Super
Sennheiser PC 373D for audio+mic
Basic sound speakers when I'm tired of using the headset
TFRP pedals
Track IR 5
A generic USB bluetooth key to link various gamepads when needed
G903 Logitech mouse

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
That's certainly not normal.

To be clear: VoiceAttack itself does not take exclusive control of audio devices, nor does it have functionality to prevent other applications from accessing audio devices.

Perhaps a settings summary could contain relevant information; click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, and on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window click "System info >", choose "Generate Settings Summary", then "Write to File"; Save the file and attach it to a post here.

MorphineVA

Ok today I tried to use again voice attack before submitting you a "settings summary", just in case. First time since June 20th.

And... it works again. Even with everything activated (Joystick gremlin, Track IR, Discord, Steam Lossless scaling).

I don't understand why. I'm not even sure the game got any update during that period. So problem solved (I guess ?)...
Something must have changed but I'm clearly unable to find what.