Author Topic: Listening Options  (Read 512 times)

Tradesman

Listening Options
« on: June 02, 2024, 06:40:08 AM »
Am I missing something in Options?
I would like to: 1. Start VoiceAttack with Listening on.
2. I don't want the middle mouse button toggling On and  Off listening. In fact I don't want any button or mouse button messing with it. I want to be able set listening on at start up and it stays on without having to press an button.

Can the software do those things because I'm having a hard time finding the options that work.

Thanks
Best regard.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Listening Options
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2024, 10:21:05 AM »
VoiceAttack by default starts with the last-known listening state, I.E. if listening was suspended when VoiceAttack was shut down, it'll still be suspended when it's started back up, and if listening was enabled when VoiceAttack was shut down, it will still be enabled when it's started back up.

What can override this behavior is to have one of the option on the "Hotkeys" tab of the VoiceAttack options window enabled, and set to anything but "Toggle listening start / stop".

Third-party plugins, and profiles with a startup command configured for it, can also change the listening state.

Tradesman

Re: Listening Options
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2024, 11:25:10 AM »
Thank you for replying. I'm not  sure at this moment but it seems the problem was not understanding that the new just released version is not really an up date but require a fresh installation.

I reinstalled an old version from scratch that worked perfectly which gave me the Idea to do a fresh install on the new version and that solved the problems.

I have never had a problem installing new version over old in the past except now so there is the source of the confusion.

Thx again for reply.