Author Topic: I can't change the "Windows Speech Recognition Device", nothing apperars  (Read 272 times)

gonvise@gmail.com

Hello... I can't change the "Windows Speech Recognition Device", I can't select nothing, it looks like the field is blocked. However, recognition works through the system's default device, but it's not what I want, I would like to specify one in particular among all the ones I have.
Thanks.

Gary

• Administrator
Strange - that box is normally only disabled if VoiceAttack asks Windows for its list of recording devices and Windows is saying that there are none available.

If you go into Control panel > Speech Recognition > Advanced Speech Options > Speech Recognition tab and click the 'Advanced...' button, ' the 'Audio Input Settings' dialog will be displayed.

What is selected, and can any devices be selected under 'Use this audio input device'?

If you do not have any devices available, you'll want to go into Control panel > Sound > Recording tab and make sure that the devices you are expecting to see are enabled.  If none are available, you'll want to enable them and the restart VA before checking options.

Hope that helps!