Author Topic: Faster repeated executions?  (Read 569 times)

Apologia

Faster repeated executions?
« on: May 14, 2024, 06:38:51 AM »
hi i play online poker and use voice commands for it but play 16 tables so it gets very fast and chaotic

everything works ok and fine but it would be more optimal if I could get commands to execute faster upon repeating the same command such as

yes: presses hotkey to raise first in
no: presses hotkey to fold the hand

so if I am dealt trash hands 20 times in a row, its much more optimal if I could repeat the word "no" like
no no no no no no no no no no no
etc
or
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

but what happens is voice command turns "yes yes yes" or "no no no" into an unrecognized command
I need to put space in between speaking the commands for them to register separately as 3 yes or 3 no's

or if I want to raise my hand and fold another I say "yes" "no" quickly for 2 actions but it tells me its an unrecognized command of "yes no"

hope this makes sense  :)

thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Faster repeated executions?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 06:47:27 AM »
The Microsoft speech recognition system requires a short pause between the end of one input and the start of the next.

You could create commands for the repeated words (E.G. a command with the phrase "no no no").

If you are familiar with VoiceAttack's advanced features, the "{TXTOCCURRENCES:}" token could be used with a For loop to execute the relevant actions/another command the appropriate amount of times, without having to manually set up multiple commands.

Apologia

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 09:12:11 AM »
so it is a smart idea to make 'no no no' commands etc but this will not work for me

i need them to be separated into distinct and separate no's or yes

imagine I want to fold a poker hand and speak "no no no" - well one hand folds a its treated same as "no"

but the 2nd and 3rd hands I wish to fold nothing happens because the 2nd and 3rd no I speak are attached to the "no no no" command

TXTOCCURRENCES you think could fix this issue?  Or will I always be forced to have a short pause between inputs

do u have any idea if I could manipulate the settings of the microsoft speech system itself?  May need to try a specialized forum for this though

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2024, 09:54:11 AM »
so it is a smart idea to make 'no no no' commands etc but this will not work for me

i need them to be separated into distinct and separate no's or yes

imagine I want to fold a poker hand and speak "no no no" - well one hand folds a its treated same as "no"

but the 2nd and 3rd hands I wish to fold nothing happens because the 2nd and 3rd no I speak are attached to the "no no no" command

TXTOCCURRENCES you think could fix this issue?  Or will I always be forced to have a short pause between inputs
The intent would be for a command like "no no no" to, for example, use the "Execute Another Command" action to execute the "no" command three times.

Using the "{TXTOCCURRENCES:}" token could just make setting it up arguably more efficient, as then you can add an arbitrary number of "no"'s, count the amount of occurrences in the spoken phrase using the token, then, for example, have the loop execute the "no" command that amount of times.
Though as mentioned, this is advanced functionality and would require a good understanding/reading of the documentation to accomplish.

do u have any idea if I could manipulate the settings of the microsoft speech system itself?  May need to try a specialized forum for this though
I assume it's unlikely. Microsoft doesn't generally provide deep access to the speech recognition system.