Author Topic: Setting Up 2 audio sources inputs and outputs  (Read 547 times)

DSurfer

Setting Up 2 audio sources inputs and outputs
« on: May 11, 2024, 01:13:49 AM »
Hello guys,

There is any possibility to set up 2 audio inputs and outputs?

There is any way do do this?

Kind regards
Diogo

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Setting Up 2 audio sources inputs and outputs
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 01:19:11 AM »
Can you elaborate on that, perhaps with an example of what you're trying to accomplish?

If by "inputs" you're referring to having the Microsoft speech recognition system listen to two devices (E.G. microphones) at a time, that's not what it's designed for.
Speech recognition training tunes the speech recognition system for a given microphone, user, environment, and other parameters.
Training should only be performed with one specific device for a given speech recognition profiles (these are unrelated to VoiceAttack profiles).

Output-wise, sound-playing actions have a "Channel" option, so you could have two actions playing simultaneously to different devices (though that would necessitate playing them asynchronously, normally with the "Wait until sound completes before continuing command" option turned off)

DSurfer

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 03:34:44 AM »
Hello,

Yes of course I can elaborate :).

It’s to use in a home cockpit, with CPT and FO side and both sides may trigger actions from his side..

That’s why I’m asking if possible to have to have 2 different audio inputs each one trigger by a push to talk button in their side.
And both listen the action trigger in his side of the headphones (so 2 sound outputs at the same time..).

Or if it’s possible have the program running twice.. exactly with the same actions.. it’s possible?

Thanks in advance
Diogo

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2024, 03:43:58 AM »
VoiceAttack is intended to run as a single instance.

The SAPI speech recognition system that is normally used is, as mentioned, intended for a single user, and requires training for that user.
However, there is also Speech Platform 11, which is intended to be user-agnostic, and does not need to be/cannot be trained.
If you don't intend to use dictation-based features (like the dictation mode or wildcard commands), the latter could be a solution.

For the actual sound input, assuming doing it in hardware isn't an option for you, perhaps something like VoiceMeeter (unrelated to VoiceAttack) could facilitate that, by combining two recording devices into a single virtual recording device, which the speech recognition system would then listen to.
It does support hotkeys, if I recall correctly, so setting up a push-to-talk key for each input is perhaps possible.

DSurfer

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2024, 04:39:23 AM »
I’m asking because voice attack works flawless and works incredible.

I don’t know if there is any possibility to add this feature to the program in the future. I don’t know exactly the difficulty of something like this.. but in my zero knowledge 😅, I would say that could be just another drop menu for a second audio source ;).

Or by other hand, if it’s possible to put it running 2 times at the same time could solve this :).