Author Topic: Can't get EliteVA to work, what am I doing wrong?  (Read 1165 times)

almartin

Can't get EliteVA to work, what am I doing wrong?
« on: May 22, 2024, 09:02:49 AM »
Hi I've bought voice attack and installed the EliteVa plugin
I followed the set up guide on youtube by White collar games and used the profile supplied by him.

However Voice attack works great with the profile and recognises my voice commands but it always comes up with errors.
EG:
Recognized: 'acquire target'
Key press by variable [EliteAPi.SelectTarget] not set. No keys pressed.

I'm using a game controller and when I look at the key bindings select target definitely has a key binding for both controller and keyboard.

I saw another video that said there should be some files created in the VoiceAttack/Apps/eliteVA/Variables folder but all that's there is 'Event' file that is blank.

Cheers Al

Can anyone help?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Can't get EliteVA to work, what am I doing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 09:22:00 AM »
Have you double-checked that you followed all setup instructions?

Though, according to the "Installation" section here, installing the plugin itself should be a matter of running an executable and making sure the "Enable Plugin Support" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window is enabled (checked).

Is there a "Starting EliteVA" message in the log on VoiceAttack's main window, after VoiceAttack is started? There should be a number of messages in the log generated by the plugin, if it's working correctly.

almartin

Re: Can't get EliteVA to work, what am I doing wrong?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 09:43:40 AM »
It finally got it working.

It seems the EilteVA.zip file is out of date, you have to run the EliteVA-updater.exe to get the latest version. Non of the tutorials I watched mentioned that, however I'm now off among the stars! Woohoo!