Author Topic: Problem with Stratagems in Hell Divers II  (Read 2880 times)

ajlarocque

Problem with Stratagems in Hell Divers II
« on: March 28, 2024, 10:25:14 AM »
VA installed without a hitch. I imported different profiles to see if I could fix the problem, but it remains. The problem is this: When I give a command, such as "Fire Mission Orbital Laser", my avatar raises his arm, the stratagem list flashes on the screen and that's the end of that. Nothing happens. I am absolutely certain that the problem is with me and not the software. I simply do not have the program configured correctly. I know this to be a fact because the shown recognized commands list shows my fire mission command. It actually says: Recognized: 'fire mission orbital laser' (derived command).

So, what is it that I have done or haven't done to make VA work properly?

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

FOR DEMOCRACY!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Problem with Stratagems in Hell Divers II
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 10:29:24 AM »
That particular game seems to be very finicky when it comes to input. Are you using a user-created profile, E.G. from here?

ajlarocque

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 10:34:37 AM »
The current profile I am using is labeled: 2024-03-13-Hellbabbles-1.05. I downloaded it from a YouTube creator that explained how VA works with Hell Divers. The title of the video is: Voice command for Hell Divers 2 on PC - Shout your stratagems. The creator's name is Woofer.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 10:39:30 AM »
That author has posted their profile in this topic here, as well.

Did you follow the instructions in the "Manual-Hellbabbles by woofer.docx" file? If you don't have that file, it's available from Google Drive, which the author linked in the aforementioned topic.

There are apparently changes that need to be made to the ingame keybinds.

ajlarocque

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 11:22:07 AM »
The change the document specified was to set stratagem key to pressed instead of hold. Now, when I ask for fire mission orbital laser the stratagem list is displayed while my avatar is looking down at his raised left arm. If I then press the trigger, after aiming, my currently active weapon fires instead of throwing the device to indicate where the laser strike should take place.

I also followed the document instructions for deleting the default profile commands and importing the VAP file to replace them. The document further states that when VA is loaded and running that I should see Profile startup : "F_init". What I actually see is: Profile startup : '[call;fire mission;on my position] prairie fire' and a pleasant voice informs me that my sacrifice is appreciated. LOL

So, it now works 50%. I only have 50% left to go. Any other suggestions? Also, I really appreciate the time you are taking to answer my questions and in trying to help me to get VA working. Few people are as kind as you. Thank you.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 11:27:24 AM »
Are you using the demo version of VoiceAttack? If so, you'll want to make sure you're using the "light" profile.

"2024-03-13-Hellbabbles-1.05-Profile.vap" is intended for use with a licensed copy of VoiceAttack.

Did you follow the steps in the "Change directions keys from WASD to arrow keys" section, to change the "STRATAGEM" ingame binds to the arrow keys?

ajlarocque

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 12:27:49 PM »
I actually purchased the program. And it's amazing what happens when you RTFM. :) I uninstalled then reinstalled making sure to follow every direction in the manual step-by-step. Seems if you follow the instructions things just work as designed.

Appreciate all your help and I'm sure I'm really going to enjoy this addition to HD2.

Thanks!