Author Topic: 'when I say' {TXT:myValue}  (Read 5340 times)

tic-tac

'when I say' {TXT:myValue}
« on: September 16, 2016, 11:29:37 AM »
Hi all,
I can't get this to work, ie set 'when I say X' to be a token set in a different command, rather than a hard coded value in the command menu

I can set the value of {TXT:myValue} and have it display in the message window, I can hard code the value I use to test and that triggers fine, but I cannot get VA to recognise the trigger word if it's the value of a token.

Is this just a limitation of the software or did I miss something?

thanks!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:16:07 PM by tic-tac »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: 'when I say' {TXT:myValue}
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 12:40:36 PM »
Command names cannot be tokens, as far as I'm aware.

How dynamic does your command name need to be? Could you list the permutations statically, or will that not work for your application?

tic-tac

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 01:25:53 PM »
thanks for the response!

I'm building an aircraft start up  check list. I wanted to break it down to two commands, one holds the parameters of the checklist in a conditional statement; the challenge, the response and the id for the step. The other steps through the list playing the relevant step, playing the challenge, listening for the response and then increment the step variable plus 1 once it has it and moving on to the next step, etc... check list has around 50 steps

It seemed like a neat and tidy solution and easy to manage for different aircraft, will still work if I use 'check' as the response each time :( but not as nice...or I can split the list into separate commands, but not as neat and tidy I think

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 02:04:02 PM »
I don't know how detailed your responses are, but if it's doable to list them in the command name, you can still make it work:

Set;Check;Ready;Clear;On
Code: [Select]
Begin Text Compare : [{CMD}] Equals [DesiredResponse]
    Set small int (condition) [ChecklistItem] value as incremented by 1
End Condition

So you'd set the "DesiredResponse" text value from your checklist command, and this way the checklist only advances when the correct response is used.

tic-tac

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 02:43:30 PM »
hmmm...I think that might work...turn my cart and horse the other way round so to spk :)

I'll give it a shot, let you know how it goes

thanks for the help!

tic-tac

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 04:43:03 AM »
Had to re work the rest of the logic around it, but works perfectly, thanks again for your help