Author Topic: Repeat back command  (Read 572 times)

ajlarocque

Repeat back command
« on: May 18, 2024, 08:36:55 AM »
Hi y'all,

I've tried using the search service in this forum for finding an answer, but I can't seem to find it. I am probably not forming the search query correctly. What I am looking for is information on how to have VA repeat back to me the commands I say to it. I have one VAP that I imported that does this (Hellbabble VAP). But I have imported another VAP and VA does not repeat back the commands I say to it. I have looked for possible differences in the setup between the two VAPs, but I cannot find anything that would indicate this is what I need to set so I can have the desired results.

If anyone would be so kind as to tell me what I need to do I will gladly sell you my first born child. :) Many thanks in advance for your help and kindness.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Repeat back command
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 08:41:02 AM »
I have no personal experience with the profile you mention; does it use text-to-speech to speak the recognized command phrase back to you?

If so, that can be accomplished by creating a command, adding a "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action to it containing the "{CMD}" token:
Code: [Select]
Say, '{CMD}'and assigning that command to the profile-level "Execute a command each time a command phrase is recognized" option.

ajlarocque

Re: Repeat back command
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 08:43:46 AM »
Of course, as soon as I posted this request for help I found the solution. At the end of the VAP is a command for causing VA to repeat back my commands. I apologize for using the bandwidth.