Author Topic: VoiceAttack stuck on wrong microphone input no matter what I choose  (Read 1578 times)

sleoj

Hi, I have five microphone devices picked up by VoiceAttack on the Audio Settings tab.  The thing is, no matter what device I select, no matter if I press "Change Now" and confirm, when I get back to the VoiceAttack interface, the microphone is red with the error:  No Signal/Low Signal for the "Headset Microphone (Oculus Virtual Audio Device)".

Why is VoiceAttack ignoring my selected audio input devices?  The log messages even say "Audio recording changed to 'Microphone (1080P Webcam)'" and "Communications audio recording changed to 'Microphone (1080P Webcam)'".  (Picture attached.)

I'm stumped how to get it to recognize the selected device.  Any advice or is this a bug?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VoiceAttack stuck on wrong microphone input no matter what I choose
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 09:16:32 PM »
What it looks like is you've got your speech recording device set to Windows' default recording device, and Windows is changing your default device.  If you go to the 'Recognition' tab, what do you have selected for your 'Windows Speech Recording Device'?  If it is set to 'Default - (some recording device)', try changing that to the device you would like to use.  The options on the Audio tab are for setting default devices on startup (if you choose to go the default audio route), but that option does not prevent Windows from changing the default devices.

Hope that helps!

sleoj

Re: VoiceAttack stuck on wrong microphone input no matter what I choose
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 03:50:05 PM »
That was exactly it!  Thank you!