Author Topic: What's Old is New  (Read 1573 times)

THX1959

What's Old is New
« on: October 20, 2023, 03:27:13 PM »
Just a note to the devs...

I ran into the Initializing Stream error today, while testing various bluetooth headsets.

I had configured a command to beep the headset when stuff worked or didn't work and routed the beeps to the headset via the Channel dropdown on the "Play a Sound" dialog. Having finished testing with the first headset, I completely removed it from the machine, rebooted, and connected the next candidate. The next time VA launched; the stream error came up.

Finally discovered that when the first headset was removed, the Channel dropdown control on the "Play a Sound" dialog for the aforementioned command was disabled and locked and could not be changed to the new headset. I "duplicated" the command (right-click in the commands list) and the dropdown presented in an unlocked state, so I could change to the new headset. With the Channel configuration fixed, the stream init error went away.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: What's Old is New
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 04:01:39 PM »
Thanks for the heads up -

Normally that box would not be disabled unless it was asking Windows for a list of output devices and it came up with no results or some other type of problem.  I'll see if I can reproduce that on this end.

THX1959

Re: What's Old is New
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 07:24:08 PM »
Yup, figured it's a problem with device enumeration.