Author Topic: Hi Voice attack not working for me I had to split up my Mic and headphone CH.  (Read 1632 times)

Baron210

Hi,

Just a quick bit of information.

I Built a custom build PC just to run VR Flight Simulations in honesty. the concept of Voice Attack was a godsend.

So I installed this program bought it, then tried to run with a Rift S on my PC (I predominantly use DCS World I love that Sim).

I did find, largely, despite extensive built in speech engine training, that the recognition quite often never worked. or appeared to hear my Mic input, it was then today I made a bit of a discovery.

My Custom PC seems to be at the USB bandwidth limit / when I take off my Rift S to say a custom command I have a Look at shoot down thing going on with the helmet mounted display in some aircraft or helicopters. this doesn't get heard or acted on unless I take off the Rift S which just for a short time pauses the game video, then it hears me perfectly.

So I thought I'd enable the secondary Sound system I have ( a Realtek speaker and microphone) I use predominantly the Rift built in Mic, I turned on my alternative in the PC bios. now the recognition using the built in Realtek Microphone (avoiding USBN but using the Phono style 3.5mm jack) is almost impeccable recognises about 85 to 90 percent of the time. I feel just a bit more training and it will work every time.

I hope this all makes sense?

I think it might be a slightly ageing system plus USB bandwidth issues with the Rift. its basically at limits a Gigabyte Motherboard btw. Has latest firmware and drivers but still get issues.