Author Topic: Command recognized but not executed in game  (Read 1545 times)

Nick

Command recognized but not executed in game
« on: August 17, 2023, 08:19:23 AM »
i know there are already some threads with the same topic, but i found nowhere a solution.

I play DCS with VA and everything was fine. But now (maybe after some updates...) it is not working anymore.
My commands are recognized by VA and keypresses are executed (checked with Notepad) but ingame only sometimes the keypress is executed. In 90% nothing happens.

VA runs in Admin mode
updated to latest version
tested with target window set and without
tested different keypress length (0,1-1 sec)
tested keypress-pause-keyrelease method

but nothing happens

interesting thing: if the communication menu opens in DCS (after 10 times trying the command) everything is fine inside the menu and every command is executed. if i close the menu i have the described behavior again....

any ideas? :(

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Command recognized but not executed in game
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 08:42:55 AM »
What does your command actually look like?

Does this issue occur with other ingame functions as well, or only this "communication menu"?

Nick

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 11:20:29 AM »
Its just a single keypress.
In this case "f" for the menu but i also tested other keys/functions. Nothing works.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 11:55:02 AM »
Is this with a specific aircraft? The "F" key is not the default key for the communications menu I'm seeing (the backslash key is)

On my machine, testing with the default TF-51D, that menu opens and closes without issue, using a command to press and release the "\" key with a hold time of 100ms.

Nick

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 12:00:51 PM »
Yes. I changed it because i thought it might be a problem with the special character.

Can you Share some Details about your settings?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2023, 12:10:01 PM »
There isn't really anything of note to share.

DCS is using the defaults for everything but the graphics settings, as far as I'm aware. The VoiceAttack command does have the targeting options set (I.E. input will go to the active window), and VoiceAttack is not running as administrator.

Nick

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2023, 03:48:51 AM »
ok, at least i know now that it "should" work with all the default settings....
have to look for another problem....

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2023, 01:26:10 PM »
Just to make sure: When the VoiceAttack command doesn't appear to be registering ingame, do the physical keyboard keys the command would press register?

Presumably you're using a joystick; are any buttons being held down (E.G. by physical toggle switches)?

DCS has a feature that allows joystick buttons to function as modifiers (in the same way Ctrl, Alt, Shift, and the Windows keys are modifiers).

If any of the buttons being held down are configured as such a modifier, when VoiceAttack pressed the F key, that would register as the modifier + F, and as such have a different effect (likely no effect at all if you haven't assigned anything to that combination).

If you open the ingame DCS controls configuration menu and execute a command, the corresponding ingame binding should be highlighted (if the key/button combination is assigned to anything); is that working?

Nick

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2023, 02:05:59 AM »
Dude, am i really this stupid?? :o

you are absolutly right... my push to talk button for VA is also a modifier in DCS, i tried to save buttons...

changed the modifier.... everything works fine...

Thank you for showing me my own stupidity....