Author Topic: VA-DCS AH-64D question  (Read 1883 times)

WB5DOT

VA-DCS AH-64D question
« on: August 21, 2023, 10:48:07 AM »
Voice Attack is great….  Thank you so much! 
One question, after reading the pdf in the download. 
With the spoken commands showing to be recognized and “green” and those associated actions sending strings to other actions.  Some of these actions say… wait till it completes and wait till it completes that within the string.  DCS does not have a lot of commands with keyboard key strokes given, as in the MPD pages. 
I have already given those MPD basic pages (WPN-TSD-COM-AC-VID-MANUAL) a DCS unused key strokes to make them work but a lot of recognized green spoken commands have other wait till in their strings  Do I have to assign other unused DCS key strokes to them too??

Example string:
Execute  command PILOT-Left MPD Pushbutton WPN (and wait till it completes), Execute  command PILOT-Left MPD Pushbutton-R6 (and wait till it completes), Execute  command PILOT-Left MPD Pushbutton R1 (and wait till it completes).  Do I need to bind the R6 and R1 in DCS options keyboard?

Thank you

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: VA-DCS AH-64D question
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 11:48:28 AM »
You'd want to ask that question over on Bailey's discord which I linked in your previous post.  These questions are specific to the profile you are using for VoiceAttack, and therefore only the developer of that profile would have the most accurate answers which you seek.

(I mean, I could hunt down Bailey and shoot him a link to your forum post here, or you could cut out the middle-man and go directly to the source yourself :P )

WB5DOT

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 12:11:56 PM »
Went there... copied original post and placed it several places even on Bailey's page and got no response from anyone.  Thank you for your help I do appreciate it.

WB5DOT

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2023, 08:00:32 AM »
Semler PDX...If you could locate Bailey I would forever be in your debt.  Among other avenues, I put in a friend request on Discord that went untouched. I'll bring you breakfast tacos tomorrow for trying.

Gayle

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2023, 11:23:55 AM »
Well, Summer is winding down, perhaps he's stepped away from the PC for an unannounced break.  He's pretty dedicated to his projects, I'm sure he'll be back (knock on wood).  I wouldn't have any better luck than you or anyone else, so just be patient and check back now and then to his Discord.

Wish I could help more, but I don't use this profile or fly that sim.

WB5DOT

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 07:26:00 AM »
Thanks SimlerPDX, your efforts are fantastic! Have a blessed day!