Author Topic: Custom PTT sounds stopped working  (Read 1774 times)

toby23

Custom PTT sounds stopped working
« on: July 22, 2023, 05:05:12 AM »
I used the information from this post on here a few months ago to add a sys_on.wav sound to the default VA folder where the .exe is.
It used to work fine but has now stopped working. No idea why. Most but not all of the selectable notification sounds can be heard (very quietly) in the VA software but not when I PTT.
Any ideas why it stopped playing them when I press the PTT button?

Also, when I activate VA, it turns off the audio in my bluetooth headset. As soon as I quit VA, it comes back on. Any ideas why this is happening and how to prevent it?

Thanks,
Toby

toby23

Re: Custom PTT sounds stopped working
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 05:34:25 AM »
It looks like I have solved this problem. I wish I knew how..
Posting screenshots of my settings below for anyone else struggling with bluetooth earbuds (QC2) and Windows 10.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023, 06:34:56 AM »
Bluetooth headsets are generally not recommended for use with any application that uses the microphone. That is not specific to VoiceAttack.

Many Bluetooth devices don't support a profile (basically, mode of operation) in which both the microphone and high-quality audio playback can be used simultaneously (this is not necessarily a matter of price, brand, or perceived quality, either).

Chances are that the device you're now using for playback will result in lower fidelity audio (which may or may not be an issue, to you personally).

toby23

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2023, 09:35:45 AM »
The sound is lower quality but the payoff is that I can use them for voice commands together with a VR headset in a motion rig without feeling cutoff from the world when I put headphones on too.
Thanks for your reply!