Author Topic: Automatic start of VoiceAttack with Listening off  (Read 1148 times)

mklengel

Automatic start of VoiceAttack with Listening off
« on: April 17, 2023, 11:36:58 AM »
Hi, the title says it all. I start VA after every Windows start automatically but listening is always on.
How can I disable listening automatically?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Automatic start of VoiceAttack with Listening off
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 12:05:28 PM »
If you're not using the "Recognition Global Hotkey" option on the "Hotkeys" tab of the VoiceAttack options window, you could set that to either "VoiceAttack listens while keys are down" or "Listen then stop listening after recognition completes"
(if you have no intention of using an actual hotkey, you could set that to something you're extremely unlikely to press, like left Shift right Ctrl left Win right Alt Scroll Lock)

Otherwise, if you either only use one profile, or have a specific profile load on startup, and that profile is editable, you could either create a command and assign it to the "Execute a command each time this profile is loaded" profile-level option, or edit the command currently assigned to that option, and add the "Make VoiceAttack Stop Listening" action to it.
If you use multiple profiles, you'd need to configure each of them with such a command/action.

mklengel

Re: Automatic start of VoiceAttack with Listening off
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 12:40:49 PM »
Thank you for your help. I followed both tipps and use a hotkey (...while keys are down) and also the action which disables listening when loading my default profile. This solves my problems.
 :)