Author Topic: Not shutting down cleanly  (Read 1409 times)

Malic

Not shutting down cleanly
« on: March 13, 2023, 05:04:04 AM »
For the last few months, I have been closing VA, and its window vanishes, but I can not start it back up because it is still showing as running under Task manager > Details.

After force closing it there, it start up fine, but I am trying to narrow down what could be causing this, what files do I need to be looking at to figure this out?

It does this with all plugins disabled, as well as a fresh profile, so am not sure what to try next.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Not shutting down cleanly
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 08:45:01 AM »
Is there a VoiceAttackFault.txt file in the installation directory?

Are any profile assigned to the "Global Profiles" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window?

Does the issue still occur if you hold the Ctrl and Shift keys on your keyboard while VoiceAttack is starting and enable (check) the "Disable speech recognition (this session only)" option?

Malic

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 10:56:26 AM »
I am not seeing any file by that name when it hangs.

Global profile is set to none.

Ctrl+Shift and startup and disable speech responder settings, is making it shut down cleanly, and will start up fine afterwords

When VA is running, it is under Apps in Windows 10, while when it hangs, it shows up under background processes.

This is still after I deleted VA and installed a new copy to make sure there were no corrupted files as well.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 03:02:39 PM »
If disabling speech recognition is allowing a clean shutdown, it could be that the speech recognition system isn't stopping correctly.

Various otherwise-unexplainable issues have been caused by corrupt speech recognition profiles; you'll want to try creating and training a new one, as detailed in this topic