Author Topic: several Issues  (Read 4967 times)

boonhulio

several Issues
« on: September 09, 2016, 10:17:53 AM »
Hi there please forgive my noobiness but I down loaded voice attack and the minus voice pack and everything was working fine. But suddenly today I got a load of double voicing which went got irritating so I tried to shut down voice attack but pressed the x on it's control panel, previously I noticed that it didn't appear on the task bar and just ran in the back ground. after closing the panel and having minus continue to prattle on I couldn't find any way of bringing the control panel back up. I thought that maybe voice attack was broken some how and tried to uninstall it............which it sort of but didn't do as minus continued to talk. I unistalled the voice pack which shut up minus but can't uninstall VA as it seems to still be running. It doesn't show up in task manager either and to top things off I have now lost functionality in buttons 12&4 which should be easily fixed if I could only get the control panel up and running..............please help :(

iceblast

Re: several Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 10:24:47 AM »
Did you try to reboot the computer, that will definitely close VA.

Not sure about the echo, you could have triggered the command more then once, or you have it in a loop. Beyond that, maybe someone else would know.

boonhulio

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 10:27:32 AM »
Yep rebooted the computer, it wasn't an echo or a loop as it would say different things it was like two versions running at the same time. I also think the program boots on start up so it's always on

boonhulio

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 10:29:33 AM »
The real issue is not having the control panel because it means I can't affect the program at all

boonhulio

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 11:58:39 AM »
up date: managed to Uninstall it and reinstall it however the UI still fails to appear and it immediately affects the keyboard again it sounds like it has kept its settings.

iceblast

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 01:46:55 PM »
Hmm, try the Beta version. I comes with a feature to turn things off before VA completely starts up, so you can kill what might be running.

Did you add a profile from someone, or is the profile your running, something you created entirely.

Switch off all the hot keys, till you know what's going on. Turn off Mouse, Keyboard, Joystick hot keys.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 11:07:02 AM »
If you're having a profile related issue, try moving the files in "%APPDATA%/VoiceAttack/" to a temporary location before running VoiceAttack.

If the problem persists, also move the contents of "%LOCALAPPDATA%\VoiceAttack.com" to completely remove the settings(and your VoiceAttack license, which you can restore).