Author Topic: Mouse wheel macro  (Read 1239 times)

Nabla

Mouse wheel macro
« on: February 28, 2023, 03:08:12 AM »
Hello there,
I am trying to write a macro (without voice) for the mouse wheel.
I would like to perform just 1 wheel click (down or up), even if a perform a long scroll with my finger on the mouse wheel.
All my attempts failed and I start to thing that something is wrong with the mouse wheel handling of Voice attack.

One of the easiest attempt is shown in the attatchment, which basically is:
When I press mouse: Scroll back
Scroll mouse wheel backward 1 click
Pause 1 sec
"Do not execute command if it is already running"

Well, this will not work.
If you uncheck "Do not allow button event to be passed thorugh" on the mouse scroll, it will work, but it will loop the command forever.

I even tried to use variables to find a workaround without success.
Any suggestion? Thank you.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Mouse wheel macro
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 09:34:01 AM »
What does "will not work" entail, specifically?

Replicating this command on my machine, it seems to do exactly what it's configured to do: for a period of approximately one second, it only sends one scroll down input, and all other attempts are blocked as the command is already running

Does the command stop triggering for you, is that what you're referring to?

Nabla

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 12:26:55 PM »
Hello and thanks for the reply.

In my case it is not working. Specifically: it does nothing (no scroll at all).

The only way to make it work is to uncheck "Do not allow button event to be passed through" (which is scroll back)
But in this case I obtain strage behaviours such as multiple scrollback or infinite iteration.

It seems like that the command "perform a scroll mouse wheel backward" is gated behind the "Do not allow button event to be passed through".

Any clues for this behaviour?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 12:56:18 PM »
Which application are you testing this with?

If you trigger the command by other means, E.G. speaking it, does scrolling occur in that application?

Do you understand what the "Do not allow button event to be passed through" option is designed to do?

Without that option, what you are trying to do is literally impossible, as you're letting the scrolling from your physical mouse wheel get processed by the application you're attempting to scroll.
So you'd be trying to stop scrolling from occurring...without actually instructing VoiceAttack to stop scrolling from occurring