Author Topic: Using Joystick  (Read 1166 times)

rodrigomisterm

Using Joystick
« on: February 21, 2023, 08:56:41 AM »
Hello there!

I'm using the voiceattack as a Checklist on Flight Simulator. Just purchased it.

I wanted to use a joystick button instead the word "check" in order to go to next checklist option.

So, how can  I configure a button to go to the next checklist option instead of saying "check"?

Tks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Using Joystick
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 09:00:55 AM »
That would depend on how the commands you're using to form this checklist are configured.

If the command "check" is a separate command, it would likely be a matter of assigning a button (combination) to the "When I press button" option for that command (assuming you have already assigned the joystick device the button is on to a joystick slot, using the "Joystick Options" on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window)

rodrigomisterm

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 05:46:23 PM »
hello!

Actually I want to use both. Whenever I say "CHECK" and whenever I press certain keyboard key or joystick key...

rodrigomisterm

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 05:53:02 PM »
Like in this example....Now its only waiting for a audio command "check, exit or repeat" I want also that command starts when I press "Y" key on keyboard for example

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 03:56:38 AM »
As the command is currently configured, it's using an action (the "Wait For Spoken Response" action) that by its very nature runs synchronously, meaning it is the only action actively running, and no other actions within the command can run until that action has stopped.

That action is specifically designed to do what its name suggests: wait for a spoken response. If you want to wait for other events simultaneously, it is not necessarily the best choice.

Having a separate "check" command that can be triggered by all three methods (voice, keyboard, joystick) would likely be the most feasible option.

rodrigomisterm

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 02:06:05 PM »
Got you!

I will try to use only voice.

Tks for now