Author Topic: Voice attack to automatically change profile priorities for linked profiles  (Read 2252 times)

Hunt07

So I have 1 profile with which I linked 3 other profiles to, now according to the linked profile explanation, the first profile has priority over the others when it comes to identical commands. In my case the first 2 profiles are identical except they are for different voice packs. These commands are commands that I have created and not included with the voice packs. So in the main profile, "Event Horizon (SC) beta", I have made 1 voice pack to have all stations covered through spoken command assignment, but in the priority list it's the second linked profile. Currently, I have to manually switch the profiles in the priority list. So what I'm looking for, is a way that voice attack can do priority changes as the voice command switching does in the main profile.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Have you considered using conditions to execute the appropriate actions for the "voice pack" that is currently active, so you can use one profile that can be configured to work for both, rather than two separate ones?

That would also mean modifying a command doesn't require then loading up the other profile and making the same changes again.

This is also pretty much what HCS Voice Packs does: they use a single profile that works with all their products, which helps keep modifications manageable.

Hunt07

Well I've got over 236 commands, that I have created. So to have each command have multiple voices with their multiple voice responses, I'm pretty proficient with VA, but not that proficient, I wouldn't know where to start.

I started with 1 voice pack and made my own commands, I then got a second VP (Voice Pack) and just copied (meaning exported a copy with a new name, then imported it back in) the first packs commands and changed the the voicing. I just learned how to use conditions to: open Star Citizen, ask me what server I wanted to play on, Live or Test server; and launch that server, and then ask me what VP I'm using, so it plays me a confirming message from that VP. Then once the game is launched it automatically switches to the "Event Horizon Profile". The 3rd profile is "My Profile", that does desktop type commands, like the "open Star Citizen" command, it will always be at the back of the buss, as it were, in the linked profile priority list.

I will put back on my learning hat and do some more research.