Author Topic: VA silent after Elite Dangerous U14  (Read 1537 times)

DevGnoll

VA silent after Elite Dangerous U14
« on: December 26, 2022, 07:45:17 PM »
Ok, using VA over occulus link in VR.   

I've to a simple  command that recognizes "test test test" and outputs "Test received" both to the log and through TTS.

At the Occulus  native VR desktop it works, and in-game in Elite dangerous before the U14 update, it worked,  but when I fire up Elite Dangerous update 14, it doesn't.   

Shutting down elite shows that the command was recognized and the log message sent, but there was no speech.  Testing again at the VR desktop i hear the sound. 

Is it a VA setting thing?   i've poked around with versions of VA and "playback" "TTS' "Communications" and "multimedia" devices in Options/audio with no luck.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA silent after Elite Dangerous U14
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 08:03:02 PM »
Can't say how a game would affect the audio from another application, but VoiceAttack itself hasn't changed (in several months, if you're running the full release), and as you mention: it was working before.

VoiceAttack plays back audio using standard Windows-supported methods. If the "Override Default Text-to-Speech Device" option is set to your VR headset (this assumes the "Audio Output Type" option is set to "Integrated Components", which it is by default), or to "Do not override (use Windows Default Playback Device)" with your Windows default multimedia playback device set to the headset, Windows is being instructed to send the audio to that device. How the audio is actually handled beyond that is out of VoiceAttack's control.