Author Topic: Executing commands without me saying anything  (Read 1617 times)

Sora815

Executing commands without me saying anything
« on: December 24, 2022, 01:17:59 PM »
Hi, I know this is a question that's been said a few times as I've seen a few posts of people experiencing similar issues that I am, however after looking through the steps and trying them, nothing has came to succeed so I feel maybe there's a newer problem with it or something on my end that is just having a meltdown.

I'm only a trial version user at the moment but considering buying and very much enjoy using this software. I have a handful of commands for music control and shutting down and just random stuff, and a lot of the time it's fine however, I've just been playing some games and my shut down command triggered about 3 different times. I'm not saying anything though as I'm playing alone. My mic is also a part of my Logitech pro X Wireless headset, as for the quality I'm unsure but the headset itself is pretty decent quality. The only noise in my room is me clicking my mouse, using my keyboard or my fans which are a little loud, but I don't see how this can be triggering it. I've tried to turn my gain down, and a few other things I've seen suggested, however this still happens and about 5 minutes ago I was playing Call of duty World at War when my pc lowered to desktop and started going through my shut down command which is definitely not ideal. If anyone has experienced this or knows anything that may help, please let me know, and again I know it's been asked before but I have looked and tried some of the suggested steps all to no avail, and I really want VoiceAttack to workout because it's been great so far for my other commands.

Specs:
Cpu: i9-11900K 8 core
Gpu: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU
Ram:32GB Corsair Sodimm 2933 MHz
Storage: 2TB Samsung 980 PRO SSD, 2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS SSD

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Executing commands without me saying anything
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 01:58:35 PM »
Hi Sora815 -

Have you taken a look at the "I'm not saying anything but VoiceAttack keeps hearing things" section of this topic:
https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1635.0  ?

"Recognized" commands (commands executed by spoken phrases) do not trigger unless the speech engine indicates a speech event has occurred, and subsequently provides what it thinks it 'hears' to VA.  If the speech engine is picking up things, it's almost always some level of noise or the mic volume is too high- causing the speech engine to think it's receiving human speech.  What is your spoken command for shutting down?  Also, what is command weight set to in your Options > Recognition tab?  You may also want to consider raising the confidence level of that command.

Also, also  - make sure you're not inadvertently triggering your commands with a keyboard/mouse/joystick hotkey - been known to happen.