Author Topic: Support for Windows new "Natural Voices"  (Read 2386 times)

steve25469

Support for Windows new "Natural Voices"
« on: December 11, 2022, 12:45:20 PM »
I actually thought there would be a way to just switch over to these already, since in a lot of instances within windows you can select from the new "natural voices" (if you have one or more of them installed) instead of the monotone legacy voices. For those wondering what I'm referring to, here's a link explaining how to easily set them up for use with windows narrator:
https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-11-narrator-natural-voices/

It looks like a couple of years ago someone made a plugin that enables support for something like this, although at that time it was only available through Azure. Now that it's integrated directly within windows as part of its narrator / text to speech, are there any plans to add support directly into VA?   The voice quality is AMAZING compared to the old options.
 I'm in the process of testing out this plugin, but I'm sure if it could be integrated into the built-in speech options then it would be available for more users to easily take advantage of. :)    In any case, I just bought VA through Steam a few days ago and I love it! Keep up the great work!  It's really enabled some awesome features for gaming, especially relating to simulations and VR.