Author Topic: Doesnt work on certain servers???  (Read 1446 times)

Skeet

Doesnt work on certain servers???
« on: December 05, 2022, 08:21:15 AM »
I have been using the VoiceAttack software for approximately 2-yrs and it is awesome; primarily the use is with DCS.  Recently I flew on a different multiplayer server that that of the previous 2-yrs and for whatever reason my VoiceAttack would not work.

Is this typical?  Something that I need to do to get it to work on the other multiplayer server?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Doesnt work on certain servers???
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 08:23:30 AM »
What, specifically, did not appear to work?

Skeet

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 10:59:54 AM »
Well, nothing worked!

I played a single player mission and everything worked, I played a mission on a different multiplayer server and everything worked, I played on this other particular server and nothing.

I don't use VoiceAttack for all that many functions, but the ones that I do, I use all of the time and I've trained myself to not know how to fly the dang jet without!  Example, one of the functions that I do use it for is that I speak "Get Clean" and it raises my landing gear and puts the flaps into Auto.

I took off, stated "Get Clean" and nothing happened.  Almost got too fast which would have ripped the gear off! Manually clicked the gear with my mouse and all was fine, at least for a while.  I use VoiceAttack to pull up the Comms dialog box, basically "Radio Two" command.  I use VoiceAttack to perform all function keys on my keyboard, so if I want an external view the command is simply "F2" or to get back into the cockpit "F1".  None of that would work.  The worst of all ...  Case I recovery, I make the break turn, pull around the turn until my IAS is 250 and call out "Get Dirty"  - nothing! 

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 12:32:23 PM »
Are you using a profile you have created yourself? If so, how long are the keys being held down for?

Have you tried running VoiceAttack as administrator?