Author Topic: Triggering nxt command with keypress  (Read 896 times)

Nostromo

Triggering nxt command with keypress
« on: November 22, 2022, 04:30:53 AM »
I'm completely new regarding VA and i'm struggling with the following:
I have a chain of commands, (a sort of todo list). I want to make sure that, IF the spoken command is not recognised, VA jumps to the next command by a keypress.  Example:

Command                                                macro:
This is a test                                            said with speech: "i know this is a test. Start a second one"
This is a second one                                 said with speech: "you are correct. Start a third one"
This is a third one                                    said with speech: "you are correct. Start a fourth one"
This is a fourth one                                  said with speech: "you are correct. Start a fifth one"

In case one of one the commands isn't recognized, the user would press a key, and VA should execute the macro and should start listening to the next command.
If i add the same key  under the command line, strange things happen. Can somebody point out to me how this is solved?  Best regards and already thankx for your time.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Triggering nxt command with keypress
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 09:14:24 AM »
What are these commands actually for?

If it's something like a checklist, it'd likely be more practical to use a single command, with "Wait For Spoken Response" actions.

That action can be configured to proceed when any response is registered, even if it's not one of the intended responses.

If that is not suitable to your application, you could assign the keyboard shortcut to proceed to the next command to an additional command, which could then check a text variable for the name of the command to proceed to (which would need to be set by the latest command in the chain to be executed)

Nostromo

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 01:39:23 PM »
Hello Pfeil,
Thnx for your time.
yes it is sort of a base for a checklist for a flightsim. It's a system to help people reminding all the different items on a very long list,in the right order  without the need for paper, a second screen etc. etc.
I would like to keep it as simple as possible.

"That action can be configured to proceed when any response is registered, even if it's not one of the intended responses."

Could you elaborate a bit on this. I think my problem could already be solved.

Best regards Nostromo

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 10:28:41 PM »
The official documentation elaborates on that.

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features.

You can use the search feature of your PDF reader to find and jump directly to ‘Get User Input – Wait for Spoken Response’

Nostromo

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2022, 02:58:00 AM »
Thnx....will do!!