Author Topic: [v1.10.3.18/20/22] Keyboard-shortcuts-On seems like modifier-key is pressed  (Read 2039 times)

ArNeo

App/game: Voiceattack, Elite Dangerous Oddesey

Issue: When using 1.10.3.18 / .20 / .22 while 'keyboard-shortcuts' is On (from the main window).
In game 'On-foot' (walking around its noticable) the keybind function do not work at all or some weard rarely once.
It feals like there's a 'modifier-key' that is beeing pressed most of the time.

Keys '1,2,3,4,5,E,F' mainly have the problem.
Changing 'E' to 'Y' there's no problem using the 'Y' for it at all.
Disabling 'keyboard-shortcuts' from the main-window the issue does not occur.

Reverting back to 1.10.3.16 it does not have any issue with the keys and 'keyboard-shortcuts' On or Off.

Regards.

Gary

• Administrator
Very strange.  There was an update to fix an issue with key up events as they related to keyboard shortcuts, so that may have something to do with it.

You mentioned that your 'E' and 'Y' keys behave differently.  Is there a difference in the shortcuts for these keys?

ArNeo

Hi Gary,

Yes there is a difference is that binding the 'Y' does not have any problem.
There are also other keys with the same issue.

For in Elite, the 'E' is the 'use-key' when you go on-foot it does not work at all.
Bashing the keyboard mainly on the modifier-keys (alt,ctrl,shift) sometimes does something and the 'E' functions as normal.
But then after a short while it doesn't. (while walking around and such).

When I change that key-binding to 'Y' it doesn't have any issue at all with opening stuff in elite.

I'll retest it with the latest beta tomorrow...
Dunno if other people also have this issue?

Gary

• Administrator
I'm not getting any other reports of this, but this is a beta - and you could be the first person reporting a problem.  Is this a third-party profile that you are using (such as HCS) or is this your own creation?

There is the option 'Do not allow key to be passed through' on the keyboard shortcut screen.  In 1.10.3, the key down event was being stopped from passing through, but NOT the key up event (oversight).  In v1.10.3.18, the key up event was also stopped.  My fear is that some profiles out there are relying on that errant key up to still come through (inadvertently or not).  I did some testing on the feature again this evening using some key monitor utilities, and the shortcuts are not being passed through as expected, and any key actions within the executed commands are coming through as expected.  I would need to know a little more about the commands you are executing which is why I was asking about it being a third party profile.

ArNeo

Hi Gary,

Sorry for late reply work and a holiday took some time hiking my ass off ;)

My VA profile is a mix EDDI / other players and own made voice command.
By reporting it first I’ve that quite a lot happening :)

There is the option 'Do not allow key to be passed through' on the keyboard shortcut screen.
In 1.10.3, the key down event was being stopped from passing through,
but NOT the key up event (oversight). 
In v1.10.3.18, the key up event was also stopped.

My fear is that some profiles out there are relying on that errant key up to still come through (inadvertently or not).
I did some testing on the feature again this evening using some key monitor utilities,
and the shortcuts are not being passed through as expected,
and any key actions within the executed commands are coming through as expected. 

Hmm I see.. clear explanation,
I’ve to dig around in the commands for ‘variable hotkeys’ :]
Will get back to it IRL/work is gonna be busy coming month.

I would need to know a little more about the commands you are executing which is why I was asking about it being a third party profile.

I’ll try selecting another profile and ripping some commands out, to see if its a general issue or within the profile. for my VA profile see link above.

A quick workaround is disabling the Keyboards shortcuts (button on the main window).Dunno it has any other effect by doing so.

Anyway thanks for addressing it.

ArNeo

Looks like it's profile related,
Issue does not occur, when I deselect to another profile (named 'off')  the issue does not occur.

Steps I tried,
- While in profile ... Editing screen open > issue sometimes don't, sometimes does happen.
- Someone else profile (Malic 5.0 VR profile)
- Selectively deleted commands per group > issue kept occurring, even with all commands deleted.
- Included profiles removed > Own-profile and EDDI-4.0.1.vap, selectively, issue disappeared with EDDI.
- Digging in EDDI-4.0.1-profile > Removed commands with keybindings > issue did not occur

EDDI-4.0.1 profile has enabled the,
- 'Do not allow key to be passed through' and
- 'Shortcut is invoked only when all keys are released'

Same commands from EDDI (unknown version) are included in Malic's 5.0 profile.
The keybinds are the modifier-keys and some keys, all but #8 has them enabled.
<Left CTRL>+<Left ALT>+<Left SHIFT>+[1..8 or E]

The seperate key (1..7 / E) gets blocked sometimes,
I remember now it was also the 1..# keys that had some trouble.
Somehow the <Key_E> and others gets blocked from the EDDI.vap profile.
If this is an issue from the EDDI.vap profile I'll make a bug report there.

The passthrough block should only apply to the complete key-bind ?
i.e. <Left CTRL>-<Left ALT>-<Left SHIFT>-<Key_E>

(included the EDDI.vap and the one I renamed for use in a zip-file)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 10:50:32 PM by ArNeo »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
This issue is likely remedied in the latest beta version (v1.10.3.26).