Author Topic: VA and HCS voicepacks  (Read 6224 times)

KuruptU4Fun

VA and HCS voicepacks
« on: August 24, 2016, 09:21:35 AM »
Big Red Dwarf fan, bought the CLEO VP (Hattie Hayridge) from HCS for Star Citizen and saw that Elite Dangerous has Norman Lovett as one of their voice packs as well. So I'm thinking to myself it would be cool if I had those two randomly answering my commands, kinda like a multiple personality AI. I know I could spend a lot of time going back and forth selecting responses from the two sound profiles and setting them to answer one command randomly. But is it possible to get the two profiles to switch randomly on their own? Possibly as a timed event? Or use a jump command in various places within each profile that would switch between the two profiles?

Would anyone know of a way I'm not thinking of?

iceblast

Re: VA and HCS voicepacks
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 01:15:03 AM »
Hmm, a very simple solution would be. Have two profiles, one for each voice, and set a timer, that would change the profile to the other profile every 5mins, or 10mins, whatever you want.

Just make a command that automatically starts, when the profile loads. Something like this.

Command 1

Pause 300 seconds
Change to profile, 'Voice 1'

The other would start with.

Command 2

Pause 300 seconds
Change to profile, 'Voice 2'

Here is a couple of pics, encase you don't know how to set a command to load on profile start. Ignore what's already in the spaces. Old pics.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 01:18:22 AM by iceblast »

KuruptU4Fun

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 09:06:14 AM »
Yeah that is what I was thinking would be the simplest solution, and something I certainly want to use. Though I want it to be a little more schizophrenic than that. Maybe I'll have to do that and put in some random crossover responses similar to this:

Begin Boolean Compare : [Profile is Leo] Equals True
    Change to profile, 'Cleo Basic Profile 2.4'
Else If Boolean Compare : [Profile is NOT Leo] Equals False
    Set Boolean [Profile is Leo] to True
End Condition

Does this look right?

iceblast

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 12:33:45 PM »
Not sure where you plan to put that.

You also have to remember, every time VA switches profiles, your system or VA is going to lag. Because Elite profiles are huge, and it will take a few secs for VA to load.

If you want one that runs without lag, you are going to have to add a random sound file option, for every command that calls for one. I can't think of any other way. Each command is unique, calling for unique sound files. There is no way I know of, to easily change how that works, without going to every command and changing it.

So, either run a timer, to change profiles every few mins, or take the time, and change all the commands. I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any other shortcuts for this one.

KuruptU4Fun

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 05:51:20 PM »
Yeah I've seen Cleo's full profile for Star Citizen. It's why I'm using the basic one at 422 commands (some I created) and would plan on doing the same for Leo.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 11:32:37 AM »
If you use my multi-crew profile for HCS voicepacks and set it to use just Leo and Cleo then there is a Crew rotation mode that will randomly pick which of the 2 will respond.

get it here:
http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum/elite-dangerous-discussion/6398-v2-0-multi-crew-profile

TheThingIs
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

KuruptU4Fun

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 09:37:09 PM »
Thank you, ThingIs!!!