Author Topic: How many times do I need to update VA  (Read 1997 times)

uscstaylor

How many times do I need to update VA
« on: October 14, 2022, 03:52:15 PM »
Hey Folks
I have had VA installed for quite a while now but after the latest update for VA when ever I serach for updates to make sure its the latest version I get the window that pops up and says there's an update available, so I click on it to update and it does its thing and as soon as it closes and then starts up again I go to see if there's any more updates and sure enough another update is available. Im not sure if its a bug or there's a crap ton of updates. Can someone help me figure out why this is happening. Ill post pics later tonight if that helps.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How many times do I need to update VA
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 03:55:45 PM »
VoiceAttack doesn't update itself, but rather provides a link to download the installer from the website.

Unless that's what you're referring to, if you're encountering some type of automatic updater, that would be part of a third-party addon you have installed.

uscstaylor

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 04:15:21 PM »
Yeah
No it gives me a pop up window saying theres an update available. I click on update then it does its thing and closes VA then when its finished VA restarts but If I go back to see if theres another update then it does the same thing over and over again. I guess Ill have to post pics.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 04:21:28 PM »
By all means do post pictures of the window you're encountering, but to clarify: The window in the attachment is what VoiceAttack itself would show (it may be colored differently if you have the dark theme enabled, or mention a beta version is available if you have the option to check for those enabled).
Clicking "Yes" would then take you to the VoiceAttack.com website where the installer can be downloaded.

Any other window would not be part of VoiceAttack itself, but rather a third-party addon.

uscstaylor

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 04:23:44 PM »
yup thats the one that originally pops up to get things started, then a few small ones until it closes VA. Ill post pics cuase Im working from memory at work right now. Look forward to you helping thanks alot man

Ill post pics Pfeil

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 04:24:44 PM »
Do you have a screenshot of the window you're seeing on your machine?

uscstaylor

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2022, 04:27:50 PM »
Ill take screens of each window in succession when it happans then post. Maybe its HCS voice packs then, but either way Ill post later tonight!

uscstaylor

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2022, 08:10:18 PM »
OK Pfiel
Its the HCS updater that is giving me the issue, so i contacted them thanks for your help!

uscstaylor

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2022, 01:44:11 PM »
Thanks for the help I was able to get it sorted with a nice guy on HCS Discord Channel.