Author Topic: Problem with computer restart  (Read 3259 times)

SpaceTravaler

Problem with computer restart
« on: September 06, 2016, 02:38:20 PM »
So I have downloaded the trial version of voice attack. I am running windows 10. The resolution is 1366 x 768 The program works fine. But every time I turn off the computer and turn it back on I no longer have any audio and cannot play video's on the internet anymore. When I go to chrome it says that the profile could not be found. But when I uninstall voice attack and restart the computer everything works again. Then I reinstall voice attack and everything still works, until I restart my computer again. Then I have to repeat the process. Any ideas why that's happening? Thanks.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Problem with computer restart
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 04:06:19 PM »
VoiceAttack is using Windows Media components to play its audio.  Perhaps there is an issue with VoiceAttack accessing those components on your system.  You may want to try selecting the, 'force legacy audio' option on the audio tab of the options screen.  You may also want to do a system file scan to see if there's something up with files on your machine:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833   What you are describing is very atypical behavior, and I have not heard of this happening before o_O

SpaceTravaler

Re: Problem with computer restart
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 10:05:53 PM »
I'll try it, thanks. If it doesn't work I might just need a new computer. The one I have is several years old and is worn out. That could be the problem ultimately. Thanks.