Author Topic: Stopped Command when Switching Profiles  (Read 1765 times)

bushido

Stopped Command when Switching Profiles
« on: September 13, 2022, 11:56:08 AM »
Hello, I would like to ask for help writing this profile.

When switching profiles, I'm getting Stopped Commands when the command is located at the root profile and called from a grandchild profile.

The profiles structure is the following from, Parent to Children:

0Jester0Menu > 0Jester1Radio0 > 0Jester1Radio5Channel0

*Every child includes commands from 0Jester0Menu

In 0Jester0Menu there are two commands of interest:

"Jester" = which closes the menu, and opens it up again and switch profile to 0Jester0Menu (Works fine)
"Jester Radio" = Executes command "Jester" by name and <Keypress 1> to go to 0Jester1Radio0 (Works fine when the profile is directly a Child of 0Jester0Menu. But when the current profile is a Grandchild of 0Jester0Menu, like 0Jester1Radio5Channel, it results in Stopped Command and will stop at 0Jester0Menu.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Stopped Command when Switching Profiles
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 09:10:17 PM »
Hi, bushido

Without delving too deep into this, I want to point out that profiles do not recursively reference other profiles.  That means that there is no concept of 'grandparent' when loading profiles (the references are only one level deep - this is by design).  In addition, any time a profile is switched (whether you are switching to a profile that is referenced or not), commands are stopped.  This is also by design.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Stopped Command when Switching Profiles
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 09:51:17 PM »
If you're using separate profiles mainly to selectively enable and disable the command phrases that exist within them (I.E. to prevent a phrase being recognized that doesn't apply to the current state of the menu), switching profiles isn't really suitable for that.

What you could do instead is to use "Wait For Spoken Response" actions, with each having a set of applicable phrases, in one or more commands that run in the background while interacting with the menu.