Author Topic: NO mic - not activated  (Read 1527 times)

wfrayer

NO mic - not activated
« on: January 15, 2023, 06:58:45 AM »
I've tried everything I have seen posted here. But I can't get voice attack to hear me. I have a red icon for the microphone. This happened once before, but the fix I used then does not work. I have ticked the box Listen to this device. But it does not hear me. This all happened after a power outage while I was using the program in MSFS. Please help.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: NO mic - not activated
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 08:30:30 AM »
If you're referring to the "Listen to this device" checkbox in the Windows control panel's "Sound" applet, and you have that enabled but you don't hear anything when you speak, that's your microphone and/or sound card not producing any input to Windows, not just VoiceAttack.

Have you looked at the "Levels" tab in that same applet, to make sure the volume isn't turned all the way down, and that there's no red icon over the speaker button to the right of the volume slider?

Is this the microphone in your VR headset?

wfrayer

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 11:21:47 AM »
Yes, it is a headset mic. Reverb G2. I have checked the items mentioned, can not see anything wrong in the settings.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 11:32:11 AM »
The VR headset is otherwise working? Images are displayed, and you hear audio from the headphones (assuming you're using them)?

Unfortunately if the microphone isn't working at all, even in Windows itself, that's not something VoiceAttack has direct influence over
You may want to look into troubleshooting steps specific to your VR headset, and/or contact the manufacturer.